This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Data Entry Form

1/22/2018 11:28:08 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
F
Frank I author

I am trying to create a data entry form and am look for a little guidance. Basically I want to build a list type form that shows three fields which can not be edited and two which can be edited. Kind of like building an in-line editing page but with some fields which can not be changed. Here is the scenario.
We deliver products into stores in crates. The drivers mark down on their delivery receipts how many crates they left at the store and how many they picked up to bring back to the warehouse. A data entry person takes those delivery receipts and keys in the number of crates delivered and returned.
There is a delivery date, invoice number, and customer number I would like to keep static on the form, and have the crates delivered and crates returned fields open for editing. The delivery receipts just come back in stacks in no particular customer or invoice number order. An in-line type form would be faster than a single edit page for each delivery.
We currently do this with an Access front end. I have built a list form that allows in-line editing but it opens up the three static fields for editing also, and you have to click the in-line edit button on each row to "activate" that line. My goal is to build the form so the two fields for the crates are active for editing when the form is accessed, to make it easy for the data entry to take place.
We do not have a programmer on staff, but me and another guy are decent with HTML, SQL, and Access and can plug in code if guided. Any advice is appreciated.
Frank

I
i.NoLim 1/22/2018

Right click on the fields that you want to disable for editing and select properties. Select the "Edit As" tab and choose "read only."
You can also do this through the "Fields" window.

F
Frank I author 1/26/2018

Thanks boss, that worked.