This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Automating refresh of whole page

12/20/2017 3:43:17 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
MK Frank R author

I posted something like this a few months ago, and there weren't any responses. I'd like to try one more time if that is ok.
There are some refresh scenarios in the documentation, but not this one:
Edit page with multiple sections, including a child list that can be edited, and a summary section.

The edit to the child list will affect the values displayed in the summary. However, the summary only refreshes if I manually reload the browser page.

How can I programatically reload/refresh the entire page after an edit to a child record on that page?
Please see the screenshot. Thank you.
Screenshot is here:

jadachDevClub member 12/20/2017

Did you try this on List page > Javascript Onload event? This assumes you are using inline editing.

this.on('afterInlineEdit', function( fieldsData ) {
location.reload();
} )
MK Frank R author 12/20/2017

Thank you.
It's not a List page. It is an Edit page with several sections. One of the sections is the child list that we do (not inline) Edits and Adds to. Another section is a summary that is a view that categorizes and adds up the items in the list. I need adds and edits to that child list triggering a refresh of the summary section, which isn't possible, so I need it to trigger a refresh of the whole page.

admin 12/20/2017

Did you try the suggestion? I don't know what "child list" is but according to screenshot it is a details table list page.

MK Frank R author 12/21/2017

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][color="#1c2837"]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

This does not fire for my page:

this.on('afterEdit', function( fieldsData ) {

location.reload();

} )

This didn't work for me using popup Adds and Edits. After switching over to Inline Adds and Edits, and using the proper event names of course, this is working for me. Thanks.