This topic is locked

Migrating to another server

12/19/2017 6:16:27 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
anthonywalker author

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if its easy enough to move from a Windows server (IIS/SQL) over to a Linux (Apache/MySql)? Is a case of just changing the upload locations in PHPRunner? Or would I have to start the application again?
Thanks in advance

Anthony

romaldus 12/19/2017

Very easemy since both Php and mysql are cross platform.

admin 12/20/2017

If you changing app from SQL Server to MySQL there will be changes.
However if you keep database type the same you will just need to update the connection string to point it to a new database server. Also if you use files/images upload and also use absolute path as upload location - you will need to update that as well. In case of relative path to upload folder you do not need to change anything upload related.

A
anthonywalker author 12/27/2017

If you changing app from SQL Server to MySQL there will be changes.
However if you keep database type the same you will just need to update the connection string to point it to a new database server. Also if you use files/images upload and also use absolute path as upload location - you will need to update that as well. In case of relative path to upload folder you do not need to change anything upload related.

What sort of changes? As I am looking at moving it to MySql from MS Sql..
Thanks for your reply!

admin 12/28/2017

You will have to change all your SQL queries because field and table wrappers are different in MySQL and SQL Server.
I would rather keep the same database.

A
anthonywalker author 1/3/2018

Is there a way of backing up and restoring to the new DB?
Basically ive built the system but the customer has decided that Azure (MS SQL) is costing too much for them and now want to use their own MySQL DB.
The system its self has not been used yet if that helps at all?
Thanks

Anthony

admin 1/4/2018

You should suggest your customer to switch to their own SQL Server database.
Switching from SQL Server to MySQL will definitely require changes in the application.