This topic is locked

Drag&Drop items in welcome menu

12/19/2017 5:58:53 AM
PHPRunner General questions
mbintex author

Hi at all,
I wonder if it would be possible to change the welcome menu in a way, that people could either resort whole groups or items in a group by drag&drop.
As far as I know jQuery is part of phpRunner and Drag&Drop is part of jQuery:
jQuery
Any ideas?

admin 12/20/2017

Not sure I understand the whole scenario. Are you talking about doing this in PHPRunner or about your web app users?
Just not sure what you trying to achieve and what benefit it provides for your users.

mbintex author 12/20/2017

The idea is, that my users can decide which block of my welcome menu comes at what position.
Perhaps I define
Addresses

Add, Edit, Delete

Telephone list

Address labels

Serial letters

Organizer

Documents

ToDos

Appointments

Notes

but a user would prefer having
Organizer

Appointments

Documents

ToDos

Notes

Addresses

Add, Edit, Delete

Serial letters

Telephone list

Address labels

Currently for the user of the webapp all is fixed and static as I have designed it.

admin 12/20/2017

I see what you saying.
PHPRunner doesn't have this functionality and it will take a reasonable amount of coding to implement. Besides the drag and drop functionality itself you will need to save these settings in some form in the database. Looks like too much works for the feature that is not that useful.

lefty 12/20/2017

I see what you saying.
PHPRunner doesn't have this functionality and it will take a reasonable amount of coding to implement. Besides the drag and drop functionality itself you will need to save these settings in some form in the database. Looks like too much works for the feature that is not that useful.

I may be wrong on this idea , but I think what he is saying is the menu items do not line up correctly . If someone does not have access to a menu item on the welcome page then there is a hole there and then it continues below . ( dynamic permissions ) . The menu items do not

fill in if the user has no access , So what you end up with is admin looks great as he can see everything, and some users see one line and the next line may have one or two items and the third line may have all three. So I believe he is trying to find a way to align them per users.

mbintex author 12/21/2017

Hi John and admin,
thanks for your input, but admin got me right. I was thinking about more flexibility for the user, how he could arrange his/her working environment in the welcome menu.
In contrast to the admin I think that this would be a rather interesting feature, because users expect to have the ability to change their personal settings and not just having to eat the given menu. And in other parts of PHPRunner we have gotten this flexibility - think of the ability to rearrange list columns and to show or hide columns at runtime (since PHPrunner 9.6).
Seeing the examples at jQuery I thought it couldn´t be that hard and a settings table for saving the users "welcome menu" is there too.
When I see the wishes of my users, flexibility is everything nowadays. Plain features are taken for granted.
Regards
Martin

mbintex author 12/22/2017
C
cristi 12/28/2017

A good example of what I´d like to see can be found here:
https://pixinvent.com/bootstrap-admin-template/robust/html/ltr/horizontal-top-icon-menu-template/card-draggable.html

Yes, but this example does not save the position "somewhere" so if you refresh the page everything is set to default position.
You can use JSON to store and call the position back. Take a look at this example - you can see that even if you reload the page the position remains BUT if you start a new session it still does not remember so it is usefull only if you want to use it in one session: http://jsfiddle.net/jakecigar/v685v9t6/

W
WilliamBDevClub member 2/20/2018
mbintex author 2/20/2018

Thanks.
I came so far that I got it working with JQuery and the technique mentioned/linked in my first post.
Problem though is, that you need somehow to save the new order and this gets a lot of work I am currently not willing to invest.
Would be nice, if Sergey came around with more flexibility features like we already have in the table/list view with reordering the columns, showing and hiding fields etc.
Adding fields on the fly would be a further feature, many users would love to have (custom fields not only by renaming).