This topic is locked

Signature pad on a list page?

12/13/2017 4:01:39 PM
PHPRunner General questions
D
digger68 author

Hi
I am trying to place a signature pad on a list page. The thought being is the rows in the list page would get an update that would contain the location of the signature pad file. I can place a signature pad on the list page, but it does not display. I think I understand what to do on the final submit in the button to update the table to the values I just can not get the signature pad to activate. I am assuming there isn't anything special to read the signature pad filename and location. Looking for some help. Thanks in advance this one has me stumped, .. I am a bit of a newbie.

admin 12/14/2017

I'm not really sure how you want to display it on the List page. It is designed to work on Add and Edit pages.

D
digger68 author 12/14/2017

I'm not really sure how you want to display it on the List page. It is designed to work on Add and Edit pages.

This is what I am after

I am wanting the user to select a list of items/documents from primary list page. When they submit that page I want to display, on a new/secondary list page, the submitted rows from the primary page. I then need them to use the signature pad to sign that the items they are submitting are approved. On this secondary page I would have both a submit or a cancel button. The submit would update each row with the signature location and the cancel would set a flag undoing the submit on the primary list page. If their is a way to do this on a add or edit page for multiple rows I am up for that. Thanks

admin 12/15/2017

This how I would implement it.
Your custom button code should go through all selected records, save record IDs in session variable and redirect to another table Add page. On that add you can use a code snippet to display those selected records in the table and also you can display a SignaturePad to collect a signature.

D
digger68 author 1/2/2018

This how I would implement it.
Your custom button code should go through all selected records, save record IDs in session variable and redirect to another table Add page. On that add you can use a code snippet to display those selected records in the table and also you can display a SignaturePad to collect a signature.

Thanks for the guidance. I will head down that path. Thanks again.