This topic is locked

Creating "Help Documents" for each table

11/27/2017 3:43:24 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
C
ccvvccc author

Hi all,
As the title states, My client requests "Help" / "How to use" / "User Manual" / "Documentation" What ever you call it. They want it for each pages / db tables.
Do you have any idea about how to do it?
For now, I am using "tooltips" next to the each fields on add/edit views.
Thanks.
Best regards.

jadachDevClub member 11/27/2017

I do this with the use of code snippets on each page. The code snippet is instructions for the page. I control all the messages via the database. This way, I don't have to rebuild if I add or edit a message. The messages can have logic applied as well. In some cases, I allow the admin to maintain. Below is a video that may help you get started with this approach.
My Video [Code Snippets]

C
ccvvccc author 11/28/2017

I do this with the use of code snippets on each page. The code snippet is instructions for the page. I control all the messages via the database. This way, I don't have to rebuild if I add or edit a message. The messages can have logic applied as well. In some cases, I allow the admin to maintain. Below is a video that may help you get started with this approach.
My Video [Code Snippets]

That's AWESOME. Thank you. I love AspRunner.net more and more day by day. I'm going to try your solution and post result here.

admin 11/30/2017

Just wanted to add that another viable approach is to place this code in header file. Can be a little bit easier compared to adding a code snippet to each page.