This topic is locked

Pass data from Master to detail table on fly

11/14/2017 9:47:50 PM
PHPRunner General questions
author

Hello

I have master and details tables Invoice and invoice-details in invoice table i have a field TransId which is drop down list from another table and And in my details table I also have field with the same name TransId"

I want while ( in the add page of master table and details table) when i chose a TransIs in master table it get filled automatically to the field TansId in details table. this means auto-fill value in details table from master table

Thank you

T
thamestrader 11/16/2017

Hello

I have master and details tables Invoice and invoice-details in invoice table i have a field TransId which is drop down list from another table and And in my details table I also have field with the same name TransId"

I want while ( in the add page of master table and details table) when i chose a TransIs in master table it get filled automatically to the field TansId in details table. this means auto-fill value in details table from master table

Thank you

There a couple of ways to do this:

1.If TransID is the linking key field between the master and details tables it will be populated automatically when the detail is added.

2. If its not the key field, then use the before record is added Event on the Add page for the detail table to get the masterrecord, and copy the TransID from the master to the detail.