This topic is locked

Versions: Kudos!

9/29/2017 11:42:32 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

I know I complain more than I complement but it's only because ASPR.Net is such a great tool and I only want to see it get even better. But this post is to brag a bit.
Today I updated one of the very first apps I built with ASPR.Net from version 7 to 9.8 with nary a hitch. All I had to do was change my theme to Bootstrap and make a few other minor tweaks (had to reset a page that was heavily modded, which is to be expected). I was dreading doing this but not too much because so far updating from incremental releases, and even from 8.x to 9.x has not been an issue.
Contrast that to Iron Speed (can I get a witness?). Updating an app from an older version could be anywhere from a half day of pain to virtually impossible. And it often resulted in bugs that went undetected for days or weeks and then reared their heads at the worst time. I don't know exactly what the difference is, other than the fact that ASPR depends far less on editor mods and extensive coding, but whatever the reason, I very much appreciate that updating to a new version is no longer a pain-inducing experience.
Thanks again for offering such a terrific product and for keeping it on the cutting edge while maintaining backward compatibility.

jadachDevClub member 9/29/2017

I agree Peter. The migration is extremely important and Xlinesoft has addressed this beautifully. Iron Speed was OK, but as you said, too many bugs.