This topic is locked

Bootstrap vs non Bootstrap

9/16/2017 12:27:36 PM
PHPRunner General questions
T
thamestrader author

I'm trying to decide whether to move over to Bootstrap from non-bootstrap, and would welcome any views for/against.
At the moment I have an application that users are familiar with; the look and feel, style and colour scheme. The style and colour schemes have been customised, the colour scheme uses the corporate colour palette.
I've done some experimenting with using Bootstrap schemes. looking at the documentation and PHPRunner Help I think I need to create custom CSS in order to replicate my corporate colour scheme. Is this right? I've created simple CSS previously for my own handwritten applications, but I have no idea how I'd code CSS to work with an Bootstrap scheme. The non-Bootstrap method of creating a specific style and colour scheme required no coding knowledge.
At the moment Bootstrap seems tome to be harder to customise, normally with code generators they make things easier and simpler so I feel I must be missing something somewhere.
Thanks

T
Tempus_Erus 9/18/2017

I'm trying to decide whether to move over to Bootstrap from non-bootstrap, and would welcome any views for/against.
At the moment I have an application that users are familiar with; the look and feel, style and colour scheme. The style and colour schemes have been customised, the colour scheme uses the corporate colour palette.
I've done some experimenting with using Bootstrap schemes. looking at the documentation and PHPRunner Help I think I need to create custom CSS in order to replicate my corporate colour scheme. Is this right? I've created simple CSS previously for my own handwritten applications, but I have no idea how I'd code CSS to work with an Bootstrap scheme. The non-Bootstrap method of creating a specific style and colour scheme required no coding knowledge.
At the moment Bootstrap seems tome to be harder to customise, normally with code generators they make things easier and simpler so I feel I must be missing something somewhere.
Thanks

I currently use Bootstrap. I think the theme(s) vastly improves the way a site feels and responds. I would recommend its use without doubt. That said you have raised a valid point regarding CSS and Bootstrap. I am currently attempting to place checkboxes side by side which I had recently posted in this forum. I now have a much greater understanding of Bootstrap, though have yet to achieve the desired result - but please be assured this would be primarily down to me and my lack of knowledge. A consideration none the less.