This topic is locked

Disable automatic Child search by parent with Table Links.

9/15/2017 5:18:54 PM
PHPRunner General questions
Q
quindo author

This is an interesting issue I am having that I have been unable to find a solution for.
I have a link set up between 2 tables. Company and division. Division has a field called 'company_id' and the company table is the master.
If I open up the Company List page and the Division list page in 2 different windows and then click 'edit' on a company row, when I refresh the division list it changes to only show divisions that have a company_id equal to the company I clicked edit on.
This is actually annoying for my specific user case and so I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this type of session tracking. Is there a specific session value I should delete on every single page load?

admin 9/18/2017

You are not supposed to do that. Browsers share sessions between all tabs or windows and when you change the current record in one window/tab it will apply to all open tabs. This is how browsers work.

Q
quindo author 9/19/2017

You are not supposed to do that. Browsers share sessions between all tabs or windows and when you change the current record in one window/tab it will apply to all open tabs. This is how browsers work.

I respectfully disagree.In my project, users are needing to clean up a massive amount of data that have relationships across entities in the data. This means that quite often they will need to go into the view of several different records and have multiple tabs open. After they finish modifying the record and closing all the other tabs when they push F5 on their original list view tab suddenly it no longer displays what they are expecting.

admin 9/20/2017

You can disagree with the way how browsers share their sessions between their tabs and windows and but it won't help. You need to find a way to handle this situation using a single browser window.

Q
quindo author 9/20/2017

You can disagree with the way how browsers share their sessions between their tabs and windows and but it won't help. You need to find a way to handle this situation using a single browser window.

I have zero control over users right clicking and selecting "open in new tab". There would have to be code running site wide that would need to prevent the user from opening multiple tabs/windows. I do not see that being viable without drastic redesigning of how phprunner operates.
I figured out what value in the session was causing the chain to happen and made it so that on the list page before process events it would set that session value. This seems to have no caused issues in my project files so far.

A
Abhijeet 10/1/2017

This is an interesting issue I am having that I have been unable to find a solution for.
I have a link set up between 2 tables. Company and division. Division has a field called 'company_id' and the company table is the master.
If I open up the Company List page and the Division list page in 2 different windows and then click 'edit' on a company row, when I refresh the division list it changes to only show divisions that have a company_id equal to the company I clicked edit on.
This is actually annoying for my specific user case and so I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this type of session tracking. Is there a specific session value I should delete on every single page load?

Hi Bro,
I would recommend you copy the detail table to another table and remove/ change the table relation to whatever you wish to and give the rights of that page to your desired user only.
Hope this helps.