This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

How to fix SMTP Connect Failed()

9/11/2017 11:22:33 AM
PHPRunner General questions
E
exora author

I have problem with sending email for reminder password and sending confirmation email for activation. There is message "SMTP connect() failed". I dont know why it is happen because everything was running well before. The action that I did before getting the issue is adding event in some table in after record edit to send message to user. The event didnt work and I reset the event.
How to fix the problem. I use PHPRunner 9.8 Build 29465.
Thanks before

romaldus 9/11/2017

I have problem with sending email for reminder password and sending confirmation email for activation. There is message "SMTP connect() failed". I dont know why it is happen because everything was running well before. The action that I did before getting the issue is adding event in some table in after record edit to send message to user. The event didnt work and I reset the event.
How to fix the problem. I use PHPRunner 9.8 Build 29465.
Thanks before

Please check your username and password in smtp setting. Also check authetication . Some email provider require TLS for smtp authetication

jadachDevClub member 9/11/2017

We recently had an issue when email stopped working for one application. It turned out that we selected SSL for SMTP server port, and email stopped. We switched back to Plain and it started working again.

E
exora author 9/12/2017

Thank you romaldus and jadach. It works now