This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Switching language in Bootstrap

8/18/2017 1:48:31 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

A few of my users have complained that it's too inconvenient for people to see that my generated applications are available in other languages, because the option is hidden behind the settings gear icon. I think they have a point. Is there a way we can add text links or a drop-down language selector to the page header?

Pete K author 8/18/2017

Well duh. Now I see that all it does is add the query string "language=Spanish" to the url. I think I can figure out how to replicate that.

Pete K author 8/18/2017

Well, that was easy and my clients are ecstatic. I went to the Menu Editor, selected the root node of the site and edited that. In the comments section, I clicked Multilanguage and added these links:
English:

<a href="/FaceEvents/menu/?language=Spanish">Haga click aquí para ver el sitio web en español</a>.

Spanish:

<a href="/FaceEvents/menu/?language=English">Click to view this site in English</a>.

Beautiful.

MK Frank R 8/21/2017

Well, that was easy and my clients are ecstatic. I went to the Menu Editor, selected the root node of the site and edited that. In the comments section, I clicked Multilanguage and added these links:
English:

<a href="/FaceEvents/menu/?language=Spanish">Haga click aquí para ver el sitio web en español</a>.

Spanish:

<a href="/FaceEvents/menu/?language=English">Click to view this site in English</a>.

Beautiful.

Excellent.