This topic is locked

Organize Data in two columns

8/17/2017 4:42:58 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
alohasara author

Hi. I've searched all over and I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I have a data sent that I want to display / print in two columns. When I select two columns, the data displays as such:
1 2

3 4

5 6

7 8
But, I want the data to be arranged down first then right, like this:
1 5

2 6

3 7

4 8
Is there a way to accomplish this? I'm running PHPRunner with MySQL Database.
Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide.

jadachDevClub member 8/17/2017

Try changing the order of your fields on the list page using the Totals tab in the editor.

A
alohasara author 8/17/2017

Hi. Thank you for your suggestion. I have 4 columns, and those columns are in the correct order. What I'm trying to do is have two listings of the data sets next to one another on a page with the order alphabetically from top to bottom, then over to the right and down to the bottom. It's a phone list. It has first name, last name, then extension and external number. I want to have that column organized alphabetically top to bottom, but then a second set of the same information on the right that picks up where the bottom leaves off. Does that make more sense? Thanks Again!

Try changing the order of your fields on the list page using the Totals tab in the editor.

jadachDevClub member 8/18/2017

I assumed you were doing Fields per column, but it looks like you are doing Records per row.
If this is correct, I see your problem and honestly don't know the solution.
Maybe support can assist on this. I would like to know too.

lefty 8/18/2017

I assumed you were doing Fields per column, but it looks like you are doing Records per row.If this is correct, I see your problem and honestly don't know the solution.Maybe support can assist on this. I would like to know too.

There was another topic here about a year ago on same issue but the search is not working on this forum , so I can't seem to find it and what the solution was . You may want to search for it once search is working again.
Found it in ASPrunner forum but it was not solved . Can only be done with integers see this link . Unfortunately screen shots are gone. Link Here

admin 8/19/2017

In general this is doable but lots of coding will be required. With regular top-to-bottom layout everything easy, you do not need to know how many records you have, you just display them one by one adding a new row to the grid when required. With layout like this you will have to place different records to the same spot depending on how many records you have in total. We do something similar in Calendar template where we basically have 35 placeholders on the page (5 rows, 7 columns) and fill all of them manually in events.