This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Search Suggestion Error

8/16/2017 3:48:41 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
C
ccvvccc author

Hi,
When I type a letter on search input on the top left of the page, I got the following error. It is the same in Advanced Search as well. but if I click on Search button, it is ok. it gives me results. But problem is with search suggestion.
Image of error
And this is the Console message:
:8085/searchsuggest/?table=dbo_Customers Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
I tried with asprunner.net 9.8 build 29213 x86 on windows 7 with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.2218.0 (X64)

Pete K 8/16/2017

Strange. I have not seen this behavior in any of my apps built on 9.8.

admin 8/16/2017

This might be something that is related to database structure. I would suggest posting project to Demo Account and contacting support directly.

C
ccvvccc author 9/11/2017

This might be something that is related to database structure. I would suggest posting project to Demo Account and contacting support directly.

Yes I think so, that's related with some server configuration. Because It works in some servers, but not in some servers.
But I dont think it is related with database structure because my project uses same database, search suggestions works on my local, but not on the server.
What can be the necessary configuration for this issue? Any idea? Is it something with IIS?

C
ccvvccc author 9/12/2017

Yes I think so, that's related with some server configuration. Because It works in some servers, but not in some servers.
But I dont think it is related with database structure because my project uses same database, search suggestions works on my local, but not on the server.
What can be the necessary configuration for this issue? Any idea? Is it something with IIS?

I forgot to say that, I already uploaded to demo account and It also work there...

admin 9/13/2017

Since this is only happening on some web servers you need to run this project in Visual Studio and step through the code to find out what kind of SQL Query is generated. It is still very strange though that error only appear on some web servers.

C
ccvvccc author 9/13/2017

Since this is only happening on some web servers you need to run this project in Visual Studio and step through the code to find out what kind of SQL Query is generated. It is still very strange though that error only appear on some web servers.

I am still working over this issue.
If I post this address via POSTMAN. I get succesfull results.

http://localhost:8086/searchsuggest/?table=dbo_Test&searchFor=a
If I post this address via POSTMAN. I get the same error.

http://server_adress/searchsuggest/?table=dbo_Test&searchFor=a
Strangely if I post without "searchFor" data; It works. It returns success true message, But when I add this data, it doesnt.
Error:

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'DISTINCT'.

Incorrect syntax near 'st'.

Project1\output\connections\MSSQLConnection.cs:42

\Project1\output\connections\Connection.cs:243
Ajax post works on local machine but not on server. Actually it should work because it is not a CORS.