This topic is locked

Networking

8/9/2017 2:08:00 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
MK Frank R author

I'd love to find other people using ASPRunner.NET - especially in the Northeast.
I think part of the problem with the light use of this forum is that by default it doesn't turn on email notification. I just set this up as a watched forum so that I will see all the email now.
We need to stoke dialog about this product so that the user base grows and it is around for us all for many years to come.

jadachDevClub member 8/9/2017

Agreed.
We have a long way to go to catch up, in terms of numbers, to the good people on the PHPRunner forum:)
I say bridge the gap and bring it all under one forum.

T
Tim 8/10/2017

I always thought it'd be great if the forum was created in a Runner product. The search functions would be much better, and you could put in features that could help with networking, like "show me all users in my area". But the cobblers kids have no shoes. I get it.

MK Frank R author 8/10/2017

I always thought it'd be great if the forum was created in a Runner product. The search functions would be much better, and you could put in features that could help with networking, like "show me all users in my area". But the cobblers kids have no shoes. I get it.

Yeah - it's always hard allocating time to spend on something like that. New product features sell the product, not the forum features.

jadachDevClub member 8/10/2017

In my opinion, the forum is actually very important regarding sales. When people research products such as RAD software, I am confident they check the health and activity of the user forum - at least I do.

Pete K 8/11/2017

In my opinion, the forum is actually very important regarding sales. When people research products such as RAD software, I am confident they check the health and activity of the user forum - at least I do.

Yep. I do that as well.

J
JamesA 8/11/2017

Yep. I do that as well.

I do, too. I always have.

Dalkeith 8/21/2017

The forum was a key reason I decided to purchase - I want to know that there are other people out there trying to work through problems and find solutions on the same platform I am using. I try and push people this way as well.

J
jetsguy 8/21/2017

I definitely love this product and find the forums very helpful. I have advocated this product with some of my friends and getting them on board.

jadachDevClub member 8/23/2017

Do you all think it would be a good idea if we were to share the different projects we are all working on or have already built and deployed?
I do a lot of different things and often wonder what others are working on.

Pete K 8/24/2017

Do you all think it would be a good idea if we were to share the different projects we are all working on or have already built and deployed?
I do a lot of different things and often wonder what others are working on.

I do think it would be interesting. Unfortunately for me, almost all of my apps (and definitely all the interesting ones) are behind a firewall and not accessible outside our network.

jadachDevClub member 8/24/2017

I do think it would be interesting. Unfortunately for me, almost all of my apps (and definitely all the interesting ones) are behind a firewall and not accessible outside our network.

Me too. I should have been more descriptive. I am talking more about use cases not necessarily links to applications.

MK Frank R author 8/28/2017

Sorry for the late response. I was out of town.
I think it is a great idea to share information on our apps. I set up a thread for it here:
Share Your Web Apps
As I said in the thread:

• Name of Application
  • Description of Purpose
  • One or more screenshots when possible
  • List of interesting things you had to build in the app. These descriptions might help someone else down the road.