This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Oracle connection issue

7/19/2017 2:11:36 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
rlee6087 author

I'm using phprunner 9.7 and Oracle 12?. I can connect to create the application, however when i try to run it I get the following error.

Fatal error: 12154 - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified in D:\Web\phproot\PORTMAN\connections\Connection.php on line 642.
I know the c0onnection is good because when I create the application, I see all the tables etc.. Please advise, thank you.

M
mfriend 7/19/2017

I'm using phprunner 9.7 and Oracle 12?. I can connect to create the application, however when i try to run it I get the following error.

Fatal error: 12154 - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified in D:\Web\phproot\PORTMAN\connections\Connection.php on line 642.
I know the c0onnection is good because when I create the application, I see all the tables etc.. Please advise, thank you.

That is strange. Normally I get that error if my TNSNames file is incorrect. When you try to run it are you using the webserver/php built into PHPRunner or are you trying to run it from something like WAMP?
Matthew

R
rlee6087 author 7/20/2017

That is strange. Normally I get that error if my TNSNames file is incorrect. When you try to run it are you using the webserver/php built into PHPRunner or are you trying to run it from something like WAMP?
Matthew

R
rlee6087 author 7/20/2017

Matthew

No, I'm using MS IIS. i had this error before on another app but forgot what the issue was. I have other PHPRunner apps running in this environment perfectly.

admin 7/20/2017

This might be the case that IIS user doesn't have access to tnsnames.ora file.
The suggestion is to use server:port/instance format while connecting to Oracle. This way it will always work in generated app to. Here is the sample tnsnames.ora file

AADEV =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = TestOracle.server.gov)(PORT = 1521))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = AAINST)

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

)

)

Instead of using AADEV in PPHRunner use TestOracle.server.gov:1521/AAINST

R
rlee6087 author 7/25/2017

This might be the case that IIS user doesn't have access to tnsnames.ora file.
The suggestion is to use server:port/instance format while connecting to Oracle. This way it will always work in generated app to. Here is the sample tnsnames.ora file

AADEV =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = TestOracle.server.gov)(PORT = 1521))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = AAINST)

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

)

)

Instead of using AADEV in PPHRunner use TestOracle.server.gov:1521/AAINST

That got it, thanks so much!