This topic is locked

Projects not saving/reverting back

7/10/2017 4:30:26 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
T
Tim author

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. I think it may be just in 9.8, but I've seen it a few times now where I have made some changes, saved and closed the project, then reopened it and the changes were gone. It's like it reverted back to an earlier version.
I have more details, but I thought I'd start by seeing if anyone else has seen anything similar. Let me know.
Thanks,

Tim

jadachDevClub member 7/10/2017

I have not experienced that. However, if you make changes and save, then reopen and run the application, the output folder may still have the old version if indeed you never did the build when you saved changes last.
So in your case, where do you see the reverted version? Is it running in the browser or is it the actual ASPRunner.NET GUI?

admin 7/11/2017

Yes, at the very least need to know what kind of project changes we talking about. Anyway, it is not normal.

T
Tim author 7/21/2017

Thank you both for the comments. Sorry for the delay.
Jerry, the projects I've seen this in are new projects (not in production) so I am always building and publishing.
I've been trying to quantify this more so I could give better information, but it seems to be pretty random. What I think I can say is that it's the visual editor that changes, not events or other settings. Because of this I've realized I can go to the "revisions" and set it back. When looking at the revisions I can see that the most recent, previous revision is always "project changes applied" (the green arrow icon). The version before that has always been an edit in HTML mode and when I revert back to it, I have what I thought I lost. I assume the "project changes applied" revision is what got saved when I closed and saved the project.
Now that I've figured out how to get back what I thought I lost, this is not too big of deal for me. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can get more info that could lead to a consistent recreation of the issue, but it may just be something weird with my environment and/or work flow process.
Thanks,

Tim