This topic is locked

Error message after update to PHP7

7/5/2017 3:50:46 PM
PHPRunner General questions
W
wijninga author

Hi all,
I upgraded the webserver to PHP7 and now I keep getting messages like this:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; facebookWrapper has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/include/phpfunctions.php on line 24<br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;"><br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;">Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; class_GlobalEvents has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/include/events.php on line 20<br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;"><br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;">Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; TLayout has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/classes/layout.php on line 3<br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;"><br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;">Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ConnectionManager has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/html/connections/ConnectionManager.php on line 2<br style="font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-size: medium;">
And this one:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Xtempl' not found in /var/www/html/include/phpfunctions.php:1181 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/login.php(6): runner_error_handler(8192, 'Methods with th...', '/var/www/html/i...', 10, Array) #1 /var/www/html/login.php(6): require_once() #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/include/phpfunctions.php on line 1181
I tried both php70w-mysqlnd-7.0.20-1.w6.x86_64 and php70w-mysql.x86_64, but I keep getting this message. I am using PHPRunner 9.8 so it does support PHP7. What am I missing here?

admin 7/5/2017

You will need to rebuild your project using PHPRunner 9.x. We added PHP 7 support in PHPRunner 9.0.

HJB 7/6/2017

Just my little 2 cents on the issue, since 9.0 version PHP7 I tested under XAMPP as well as live and discovered by then longer time ago, under earlier version of PHP 7.0.x it worked while PHP 7.1.x gave headache. So..., not knowing what PHP version you are running, my recommendation is to use one version out of the PHP 7.0.x range rather than PHP 7.1.x one as what you are mainly looking for is to make your project to run up to 70% faster while the rest of innovations under PHP 7.1.x is of interest to others. HTH