Invalid URI: the Uri string is too long

6/30/2017 11:09:43 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
S
swiersman author

[size="3"]Hi All,
I am experiencing the following error using ASPRunner.NET:

[/size]
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long.
Source Error:
Line 936: if(rawText == null)

Line 937: return "";

Line 938: return Uri.EscapeDataString(rawText.ToString());

Line 939: }

Line 940:
Source File: z:\asprunner\include\MVCFunctions.cs Line: 938
Stack Trace:

[UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long.]

System.UriHelper.EscapeString(String input, Int32 start, Int32 end, Char[] dest, Int32& destPos, Boolean isUriString, Char force1, Char force2, Char rsvd) +6783584

System.Uri.EscapeDataString(String stringToEscape) +64

runnerDotNet.MVCFunctions.RawUrlEncode(XVar rawText) in z:\asprunner\include\MVCFunctions.cs:938

runnerDotNet.Security.saveRedirectURL() in z:\asprunner\Classes\security.cs:103

runnerDotNet.Security.checkPagePermissions(Object _param_table, Object _param_permission) in z:\asprunner\Classes\security.cs:123

runnerDotNet.EditPage.processEditPageSecurity(Object _param_table) in z:\asprunner\Classes\editpage.cs:1172

runnerDotNet.dbo_DeploymentPlanController.edit() in z:\asprunner\Controllers\dbo_DeploymentPlan\edit.cs:22

lambdamethod(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62

System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14

System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) +182
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary
2 parameters) +27

System.Web.Mvc.<>cDisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b12() +56

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) +256
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +22
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList
1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +190
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +311
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +105
runnerDotNet.BaseController.ExecuteThread(Object arg) in z:\asprunner\Controllers\BaseController.cs:45

[AggregateException: One or more errors occurred.]
runnerDotNet.BaseController.ExecuteCore() in z:\asprunner\Controllers\BaseController.cs:32
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +88
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +34
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +16
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8
1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult
) +10

System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +50

System.Web.Mvc.<>cDisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>bd() +28

System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7

System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23

System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59

System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9744121

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155
[size="3"]1. This seems to occur when adding allot of content to any text box.

2. I use CKEditor for all text boxes.

3. All text boxes are type = "ntext" in the SQL database.

4. If I don't use any of the three editors for the text boxes this error does not occur.

4. If I use any of the three editors for the text boxes this error does occur.

5. If I add the same amount to the previous builds' text boxes that use CKEditor this error never occurs.

6. The only difference between the builds is I added 30 more fields and added email events. Could either of these be causing the problem?
I really am stumped...

[/size]

admin 6/30/2017

Is there a way to reproduce this error on Demo Account?