This topic is locked

Need some feedback on how to proceed

5/25/2017 10:03:44 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
ashumak author

Hi,
I am looking to use PHPR to track an application process in our company. The process is divided into ten steps from receiving the application, until it is closed. I am trying to determine the best method of handling it so:

1. Each step once completed send an email to notify the users that it is finished that step
  2. That there is a separate report that shows what step the application is in at any time
  3. That certain staff see the application as a to-do on a daily report.
    I know its a b=very basic breakdown, so i am just looking at some general suggestions of how I might be best to divide and make the flow work...
    Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Alan

lefty 5/26/2017

Hi,
I am looking to use PHPR to track an application process in our company. The process is divided into ten steps from receiving the application, until it is closed. I am trying to determine the best method of handling it so:

1. Each step once completed send an email to notify the users that it is finished that step
  2. That there is a separate report that shows what step the application is in at any time
  3. That certain staff see the application as a to-do on a daily report.
    I know its a b=very basic breakdown, so i am just looking at some general suggestions of how I might be best to divide and make the flow work...
    Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Alan

Well , First of all you bought the right product for this . You should go through the tutorial though.

There are templates

And then there are event samples.
For instance in your example.

1. After add record event . Go to events and use sample - send email after add / Step 1 etc..... after edit send another email step 2.....
  2. There is a report area. When a record is added the report changes. Use event that report is updated.
  3. Use either static permissions or online/dynamic permissions to setup groups . See Security in the manual.
    Please provide more info for further suggestions.

admin 5/26/2017

Check this:

https://xlinesoft.com/blog/2014/12/19/how-to-split-addedit-pages-into-several-subpages/
I would suggest creating several custom views and redirecting from one view to another as approval process goes. And you can use events like AfterAdd or AfterEdit to send emails.