This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Insert Map / 9.7 Build 28765

5/21/2017 12:09:55 PM
PHPRunner General questions
lefty author

I am having an issue updating lat / lng fields in my customer table which includes addresses. In the tutorial

Insert Map
It states in tutorial "3. Proceed to the List page, choose to display all records, select all records,click 'Edit', then 'Save all'. It will take some time to update all records but you only need to do this once. New/updated records will update longitude/latitude automatically.
I am not sure what Edit and save all means in this situation . I can select all but what do I edit ? Do I have to click edit one record at a time and click save all and have pages setup as inline edit? This is for geocoding existing addresses.

I used to use ?Geocoding=1 in the url and it would run a utility in older versions. How do I accomplish this in 9.7.

lefty author 5/22/2017

I am having an issue updating lat / lng fields in my customer table which includes addresses. In the tutorial

Insert Map
It states in tutorial "3. Proceed to the List page, choose to display all records, select all records,click 'Edit', then 'Save all'. It will take some time to update all records but you only need to do this once. New/updated records will update longitude/latitude automatically.
I am not sure what Edit and save all means in this situation . I can select all but what do I edit ? Do I have to click edit one record at a time and click save all and have pages setup as inline edit? This is for geocoding existing addresses.

I used to use ?Geocoding=1 in the url and it would run a utility in older versions. How do I accomplish this in 9.7.

UPDATE:
In boostrap ; there is no button to edit selected , it is in the gear . daaaa!!! . Solved. Although I guess you still need to put include_once("geocoding.php"); in before process list page.
If your updating existing addresses , With google maps you can download 2500 requests per day unless you purchase their premium versions. I would not do more than 100 request per list page. As depending on your server speed it may time out Mine started timing out at 200. Also take out map field and other fields on list page temporarily that are not part of the address or lng / lat fields . This will speed up updating. lat / lng field