This topic is locked

Upload Stored procedures and functions to Demo Account

5/17/2017 3:36:56 PM
PHPRunner General questions
S
Scrolin author

Not sure this query is limited to PHP Runner alone but there doesn't appear to be a General Questions forum covering all 3 xxxRunner packages.
I make fairly substantial use of Stored Procedures and Functions, e.g. to give meaningful names to application specific constants, to set application specific contexts and subsequently retrieve related configuration details, and to ensure consistent functionality between screens and background processes.
The 'Upload to Demo Account' hyperlink following building a project allows uploading of database tables but this has 2 drawbacks/limitations.

1. Stored Procedures and Functions are not uploaded
  2. Views appear to be uploaded as independent tables
    The latter magnifies the data size considerably leading to a potential breach of the Demo Account terms and conditions
    The former means that the application uploaded is at best incomplete if not positively broken.
    I'd like to demonstrate what has been achieved so far (if only to keep those holding the purse strings happy) but this limitation is preventing me from doing so.
    I'm happy to upload the database functions etc manually but that requires a connection. I've tried connecting to the Demo Account database using MySQL workbench to achieve this but without success.
    Can you advise how to do this.