This topic is locked

Field order on list page

5/9/2017 8:02:14 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

On ASPRunner.NET v9.7 using responsive layout, I'm having trouble with field display order on the list page. The edit and view pages update when I change the display order, but the list page does not. I checked to ensure the page had not been modified or locked, and it had not. To make sure, I reset the page. Still no luck. Ideas?

Pete K author 5/9/2017

I finally figured out that if I change the field order in the query SQL, it gets reflected in the list page. So problem solved for now. But this doesn't seem to be the expected behavior. Is this a known issue with this version and/or with the responsive layout?

M
Mack88DevClub member 5/9/2017

I finally figured out that if I change the field order in the query SQL, it gets reflected in the list page. So problem solved for now. But this doesn't seem to be the expected behavior. Is this a known issue with this version and/or with the responsive layout?

Hi Pete,
I can't offer any suggestions for your current problem. All I can say is that the usual approach on the Field Order & Totals page works properly for me in my responsive app. Could it be related to the theme that you are using?
Chris

Pete K author 5/9/2017

I can't offer any suggestions for your current problem. All I can say is that the usual approach on the Field Order & Totals page works properly for me in my responsive app. Could it be related to the theme that you are using?

Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. I'm using the default Bootstrap theme. However, this app was originally developed in an earlier version and was not originally using a responsive theme. I wonder if something didn't upgrade cleanly. At any rate, since the workaround works, I'm good for now. I haven't noticed this behavior in any other apps which were developed in version 9.7 so it's just a fluke I suppose.

Pete K author 5/9/2017

One thing I have noticed is if you allow users to change order or widen columns, etc., I sometimes have to delete records in the settings table related to a page where I made changes to.

Great suggestion, Jerry. But in this case, I never enabled that feature and there is no settings table in this app's database.

jadachDevClub member 5/9/2017

One thing I have noticed is if you allow users to change order or widen columns, etc., I sometimes have to delete records in the settings table related to a page where I made changes to.