This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Displaying HTML Code in

3/31/2017 4:43:59 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
S
swiersman author

All,
I have a unique situation. I have a text box in a form that I use to hold software deployment instructions. I use the Basic Rich text Editor on this text box.
The submitter many times cuts and pastes html code to be used by the deployer into this box along with instructions on what to do with it.
Example:
Input:
"Please add the following to the xxxx.asp page:
<p><font=red>HELLO THERE</font></p>"
When I save and review it looks like this:
HELLO THERE"
It is obviously interpreting the html code. Is there a way that I can maintain the HTML tags so it shows this:
<p><font=red>HELLO THERE</font></p>"
I have tried ",',[,{ before and after code and still can't accomplish. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott

A
Arkie 4/3/2017

You should have both the Add page and the Edit page to have the Text Area which uses the Rich Text Editor.
When you wish to review the data, use the Edit page rather than the View page. You'll see the same Rich Text Editor box that was used to enter the data along with the same "View Source" selection which is on the Add page. This gives you access to both the source as well as the interpreted version.
You may even want two entries: one of what/where to do something and another which may contain HTML code.
This may require some special access in the Permissions table depending on your user base as to who is allowed to do what.
This works in Version 9.7. I didn't check if this is also in earlier versions.

HTH

~Joe

C
ccvvccc 4/4/2017

Yes, You can paste HTML code or any code you want on Text Area. I usually use CKEditor, and paste my code on "SOURCE" field of CKEditor.
But sometimes CKEDitor can remove some of HTML tags. In this case you should edit CKEditor's config.js.
For instance: I wanted to use <i></i> tags, but it was being deleted. A few small hacks on config.js can do the trick.

S
swiersman author 4/13/2017

Yes, You can paste HTML code or any code you want on Text Area. I usually use CKEditor, and paste my code on "SOURCE" field of CKEditor.
But sometimes CKEDitor can remove some of HTML tags. In this case you should edit CKEditor's config.js.
For instance: I wanted to use <i></i> tags, but it was being deleted. A few small hacks on config.js can do the trick.

Thanks ! That did it....Thanks for the help....