This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Create SQL Script

3/28/2017 4:56:44 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
A
Arkie author

Are there any instructions and/or guidance on how to effectively use the "Create SQL Script" utility?
With the utility, I created a script and it looks very reasonable. So how do I use it?

I tried to run it in the MySQL SQL editor and got this:

"error calling Python module function SQLIDEUtils.RunSQLScipt"

for which google had no information.

Perhaps there's another SQL editor to use?
~Joe

Pete K 3/29/2017

I've never used it and wasn't even aware of it's existence. What are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to script a copy of your database, there are scripting tools built into both MySQL and MS SQL Server Studio that can re-create both the structure and data.

admin 3/29/2017

With MySQL you can use phpMyAdmin, Navicat, SQLYog or HeidiSQL.

A
Arkie author 3/29/2017

nevermind...

what I wanted, and what I thought the "create SQL script" utility could be used for, was to create a script of the database that I could then use to create the tables and fields into a new database. The prior off which is a 32 bit MS Access db being moved to a 64 bit MySQL SQL db.
I think the idea was sound, but I kept getting errors some of which I simply did not understand and didn't have the patience to track down when I felt this should be a relatively simple task.
So a quick google found a small utility which converted the db in just a few moments. Done Deal!!!
~Joe