This topic is locked

Calculating multiple rows for a total..

3/22/2017 10:23:28 AM
PHPRunner General questions
A
anthonywalker author

Hi Guys,
Im building a PO system and im trying to figure out how to get a "Total" from a number of rows, to display in the list, view and print..
I have attached 3 screen shots that I have edited to show what I am looking at doing..
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks in advance!
Ant
https://asprunner.com/forums/file.php?topicimage=1&fieldname=question&id=24574&image=1&table=forumtopics

H
Hertz2P 3/22/2017

Hi Guys,
Im building a PO system and im trying to figure out how to get a "Total" from a number of rows, to display in the list, view and print..
I have attached 3 screen shots that I have edited to show what I am looking at doing..
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks in advance!
Ant
https://asprunner.com/forums/file.php?topicimage=1&fieldname=reply&id=81738&image=1&table=forumreplies

I think you should purchase the invoice template. It's set up very similar to this, and would be easy to modify to suit your needs. The way it is set up in there, your 'items for purchase' are in a Details table nested inside the Master 'Invoice' Table. The subtotal, tax, and Total fields are part of the master, and the calculations are done by jscript in the event area. Check out the live demo and see if that's what you're looking for.

C
charlesfolder 3/22/2017

I think you should purchase the invoice template. It's set up very similar to this, and would be easy to modify to suit your needs. The way it is set up in there, your 'items for purchase' are in a Details table nested inside the Master 'Invoice' Table. The subtotal, tax, and Total fields are part of the master, and the calculations are done by jscript in the event area. Check out the live demo and see if that's what you're looking for.

A
anthonywalker author 3/23/2017

Ok Guys,
Ive purchased this now, how do I use this without having to recreate my entire project from scratch??
Thanks

Ant

H
Hertz2P 3/23/2017

Ok Guys,
Ive purchased this now, how do I use this without having to recreate my entire project from scratch??
Thanks

Ant

You need to put the Template into the correct folder as per instructions, then: Project, Add/Manage Business Templates. Click on Add business template... and select Invoice.

lefty 3/23/2017

You need to put the Template into the correct folder as per instructions, then: Project, Add/Manage Business Templates. Click on Add business template... and select Invoice.

I'd like to chime in on this , What about security ? If you have advanced security already setup . I guess in this order you would have to

add template to project

Redo advanced security.

Take old tables that pertained to your old project out of security while you test new project, in case you need to get the old tables/code back / not to delete them . ( or deleted tables folder not sure if they save events code though.)

Change links in editor and events ( along with field names ) and / menu .
Would that be the way to go? As I have same issue and looking at buying this template also.