This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

How to enter information in lookup wizard with a copied paste

3/20/2017 2:39:56 PM
PHPRunner General questions
H
htmalbenur author

Hi and thank you for your contributions, I would like to ask you how to enter between the information in lookup wizard with a copy paste, because entering multiple lines takes a lot of time. I beg you how to do it.
thx

H
Hertz2P 3/20/2017

Hi and thank you for your contributions, I would like to ask you how to enter between the information in lookup wizard with a copy paste, because entering multiple lines takes a lot of time. I beg you how to do it.
thx

I don't think that plain text can be copied and pasted into the lookup wizard efficiently. When I use a lookup wizard that is going to have more than 20 or so 'choices' I just make a separate table. You can easily import your choices to that table, and the lookup wizard will have no problem using the data.
A huge advantage to doing it this way is that you can add or delete 'choices' without having to rebuild the project, because your linked table can be edited online, like every other table in your application. You can even import data to if you want to add many choices.
To accomplish this, just add a table with an id field and whatever fields you need for the lookup wizard, the rest is really easy.
Let me know if you need further help!

H
htmalbenur author 3/21/2017

Hi again and thank you for the answer, it is exatement what I made a table to enter the data and loopkup wizard to use it, thank you I thought there was another way to do.

admin 3/21/2017

Not a solution but an idea. The only way to copy and paste something multi-row is to use a text area. You can paste your data to text area and in BeforeAdd/BeforeEdit events split it into several values and do something with each line.