This topic is locked

How to show and filter related FK-data language dependent

3/13/2017 12:01:52 PM
IronSpeed to ASPRunner.NET transition
T
tetter author

Hi there to all former ISD users
We tried to show language dependent "foreign key" data in a list and view page and started with duplicated data records which we filtered in the event BeforeQueryView (View Page: Before SQL query). This worked fine ... until we tried to filter the values.
There is however a property on the "Fields page" in the "Edit as" tab named "Lookup wizard". This applies also to the view and list pages (other than what the name implies).
See the respective sceenshot ... if only I could attach the image :-)
TomE

jadachDevClub member 3/14/2017

Not sure what you are asking, but just in case this helps, on the fields tab you can use different setting for all pages. See check box on the top left of the dialog box where you configure settings for edit as.

T
tetter author 3/25/2017

Not sure what you are asking, but just in case this helps, on the fields tab you can use different setting for all pages. See check box on the top left of the dialog box where you configure settings for edit as.

Hi jadach
I was actually not asking, I tried to "support" other's that might try to solve the same problem. You can indeed select this by page type ... however, the "change for the view/list page" has to be made in the EDIT-page tab.
Rgs, TomE

Pete K 3/27/2017

That one tripped me up at first also. Good tip for beginners.