This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Access attachment image does not show on list page

2/21/2017 8:47:18 PM
PHPRunner General questions
John Rotella author

I have Access database with an attachment field that stores images. (Field1 is the name)
When I choose Field Properties, View As Image, click OK, then build and view on my machine, I get "no_image.gif"

The image is resident in the database, I checked that.

Sergey explained to me how to show image on a remote server, but in this case the image is in the database. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you. John

lefty 2/21/2017

I have Access database with an attachment field that stores images. (Field1 is the name)
When I choose Field Properties, View As Image, click OK, then build and view on my machine, I get "no_image.gif"

The image is resident in the database, I checked that.

Sergey explained to me how to show image on a remote server, but in this case the image is in the database. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you. John

What version Do you use for phprunner . Do you have setup as a blob , as you stated above or do you have setup as text in access. What is your path to server ( edit as image path ) . are you using basic upload or multiple in which you need to encode/decode image . See rename images. A screen shot of your edit as screen would help.

John Rotella author 2/21/2017

What version Do you use for phprunner . Do you have setup as a blob , as you stated above or do you have setup as text in access. What is your path to server ( edit as image path ) . are you using basic upload or multiple in which you need to encode/decode image . See rename images. A screen shot of your edit as screen would help.

I have 9.6, it is the latest I just got it last week. In the Access database it is an attachment. I appreciate the offer of help but I don't understand what you are asking about the path. I

do not want to upload images to the server, it isn't even online. I am just trying to get the list page to show the Access image attachment, the Access database that I am using to make the project. No uploads. Here is the Edit As page. My link

John Rotella author 2/21/2017

This is the topic that I cannot seem to apply properly: View As Image Setting

The database has attachment for the field type and the image is present within the field.

Am I misunderstanding the intention of View As Image setting?

lefty 2/23/2017

This is the topic that I cannot seem to apply properly: View As Image Setting

The database has attachment for the field type and the image is present within the field.

Am I misunderstanding the intention of View As Image setting?

Edit as text don't look right. Edit as image . In access use memo field and set to 300 characters, as it needs to be 300 characters long to upload an image or use as image ( edit as image will then show your options).

Are you saying that the images are already stored in the database and you do not want to upload any images. ex.. your link example is - edit as text .

PHPrunner does not know what the extension is, if you do it this way I believe. ex. jpg,gif, etc..

What is actually stored in database can you show example in access of an image?

Finally , you are not using thumbnails correct . // Need GD library if you are.

John Rotella author 2/23/2017

Edit as text don't look right. Edit as image . In access use memo field and set to 300 characters, as it needs to be 300 characters long to upload an image or use as image ( edit as image will then show your options).

Are you saying that the images are already stored in the database and you do not want to upload any images. ex.. you edit as is text .

PHPrunner does not know what the extension is, if you do it this way I believe. ex. jpg,gif, etc..

What is actually stored in database can you show example in access of an image?

Access has a field where it hold attachments--- images, docs, pdf. It is stored in the database. It is not a memo or text field. It is an attachment field. There is no image to see in the field, but it is there. You click on the image name and then it opens. When the database is uploaded or synced with PHP Runner, the image is part of the database, there is nothing else to upload. I have tried to set up Edit as Image and View as Image but I still get the no_image.gif thing. I followed the instructions in the manual. So I am asking how do others do this, I must be missing some key element, and I am sure others must be doing it correctly.

lefty 2/23/2017

Access has a field where it hold attachments--- images, docs, pdf. It is stored in the database. It is not a memo or text field. It is an attachment field. There is no image to see in the field, but it is there. You click on the image name and then it opens. When the database is uploaded or synced with PHP Runner, the image is part of the database, there is nothing else to upload. I have tried to set up Edit as Image and View as Image but I still get the no_image.gif thing. I followed the instructions in the manual. So I am asking how do others do this, I must be missing some key element, and I am sure others must be doing it correctly.

I have never used attachment field in access . I always used text or Blob which I guess is not in newer access . Maybe long text with 300 characters min . Once you have attachments in access set , I don't think you can change it though. You will have to contact support for this one.

John Rotella author 2/23/2017

I have never used attachment field in access . I always used text or Blob which I guess is not in newer access . Maybe long text with 300 characters min . Once you have attachments in access set , I don't think you can change it though. You will have to contact support for this one.

OK thank you.

admin 2/23/2017

Attachment field type is no good for this purpose. This is an internal MS Access field type, they store files in its own proprietary format there.
To store files right in the database use 'OLE Object' field type. To store files on had drive use Memo type of field.

John Rotella author 2/24/2017

Attachment field type is no good for this purpose. This is an internal MS Access field type, they store files in its own proprietary format there.
To store files right in the database use 'OLE Object' field type. To store files on had drive use Memo type of field.

OK thank you (again_