This topic is locked

Security settings for user groups

2/16/2017 7:53:37 AM
PHPRunner General questions
mbintex author

Hi to all,
thinking on how to solve the following Scenarios:

1. There is one database and several potential customers should have their demo account each. How about tables/fields for settings and value lists? If I set the permissions to "everybody sees and can edit any data" the demo users a) can change my default values and b ) their values vice/versa. If I set the permissions to "see and edit only my data" they don´t get any default values from me and things like US state names have to be added for every user manually. How can I solve this? The demo users should see some common values predefined AND be able to change and add their data without deleting other people´s and the default values.
  2. If I have several customers in ONE database and each customer has several users in one group - how can I manage that all people in one group see the group´s data, but not the data of other groups. If I set permissions to "see and edit their own data only" they won´t see the data of their collegues either. If I set permissions to "see and edit all data", they could see and edit the data of other customers too. Is there a permission setting like "see and edit only data of my GROUP" missing or do I get something wrong?
    Thanks for any tips.

mbintex author 3/12/2017

if others are interested in an answer to this question too, this could be one:
https://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/modify_sql_query_on_the_fly.htm