This topic is locked

Mobile Template

2/16/2017 1:21:42 AM
PHPRunner General questions
S
shoppy author

I want to buy Mobile Template but want to know first if I can use it on existing projects.

Or do I have to build them all over again?
These are build in 8.1
Thanks
John

HJB 2/16/2017

Mobile Template (owning some limitations of what can be done, I could not find the relevant page any longer) installs under v8.1 in the "userlayout" directory by unzipping the downloaded template file and once done, you would need to activate inside PHPR that you want as well to generate "mobile pages" by checking the seen square, then fresh file generation of the file and upload and you're done. Other option, on said limitations under Mobile Template usage, is to upgrade to v9.6 to make good use of built-in BOOTSTRAP technology which means that you can generate RESPONSIVE SCREEN oriented files which are displaying in accordance to pixel resolution found on various gadgets, from smartphone over tablet to PC monitor. In other words, BOOTSTRAP technology is lifting the limitations seen under Mobile Template (built for earlier versions oriented mobile page requirements).

S
shoppy author 2/17/2017

Mobile Template (owning some limitations of what can be done, I could not find the relevant page any longer) installs under v8.1 in the "userlayout" directory by unzipping the downloaded template file and once done, you would need to activate inside PHPR that you want as well to generate "mobile pages" by checking the seen square, then fresh file generation of the file and upload and you're done. Other option, on said limitations under Mobile Template usage, is to upgrade to v9.6 to make good use of built-in BOOTSTRAP technology which means that you can generate RESPONSIVE SCREEN oriented files which are displaying in accordance to pixel resolution found on various gadgets, from smartphone over tablet to PC monitor. In other words, BOOTSTRAP technology is lifting the limitations seen under Mobile Template (built for earlier versions oriented mobile page requirements).

Thanks for your answer walk2fly.
Is it hard to modify existing files in mobile template and do I need special skills?
Updating to v9,6 is not an option for me. I do not use PHPRunner for commercial purposes but I like to help building applications for non-commercial organisations to help others. This is why I need to know if the Mobile Template is something I can really use before I order it you see.

HJB 2/17/2017

The install of the mobile template shall split the VISUAL EDITOR into two sections to choose, mobile and ordinary pages. Then you can modify/enhance mobile pages at will without any effect to the ordinary page content. It's very easy to get handled.

S
shoppy author 2/18/2017

Thank you very much.

admin 2/21/2017

You can add Mobile template to any existing project and it will just work. Mobile template basically builds a set set of template files, one for each page and displays your data using this mobile template.