This topic is locked

Need Programming Assistance

2/14/2017 9:30:13 AM
PHPRunner General questions
A
algreilly author

Hello Folks,
I have been a avid PHPRunner user for many years and it's an awesome program and Sergey and his team have been awesome as well.
I have an existing database and I am not at the point where we need to have a Point of Sale/Cash Register within the program.
Does anyone out there have any experience in programming such a program within PHPRunner within a current database?

K
klyle 2/14/2017

Al, You made a typo that I often make..."not" when I think you mean "now".
Your integration could be done a number of ways, but I think it's unlikely that you need a PoS IN the PHPRunner code. I think it's more likely that you want to take an existing PoS something that happens to read and write to and from the same database, so that the PoS and your PHPRunner application can continue to improve in independent but complementary ways.
Best,

Ken

HJB 2/14/2017

... the hours of programming to create a fully functional POSPHPRunner are one thing, the proper functionality along with typical POS hardware like barcode scanner, voucher and barcode label printer, e-card reader and cashdrawer is what is making it recommendable to simply use the major search engine for look for PHP POS open source or commercial code as this would be the shortest way out to get one system to the front. Usually, with regard to compatible hardware needs, POS system sellers had been now bundling complete packages, leasing them out over 24 months or so period. On the other hand, in a more and more networking world these days where online POS systems can widely spread wings across the whole globe, I have to admit that indeed PHPRUNNER would be the most ideal (world's best) RAD tool ever, with now even v9.7 getting to be rolled out soon, to reach out into a NICHE market like orbital demand which I had been discovering after very extensive uphold in the POS arena over years, called MULTI-CURRENCY ability before unlimited salesmen per location and finally unlimited locations under just one roof, a.k.a. DOMAIN. Rather than to run a FERRY TALE here ..., indeed marketers would storm "Xlinesoft POSPHPRunner sales office" immdly once seeing a multi-currency issue as described to be able to spread the POS wings globally or say, the features and plugins and else are 100% there to get a "Beam me up, Scotty" like POS product anyway, yet, with some ten thousands of immediate buyers worldwide once an initial demo would be in public, this would require to form a separate company for it as indeed the deficits of all else POS systems around would immdly pop-up. Buyers would definitely pay TRIPLE price, say, $700+ per PHPPOSRunner sales rocket, for reasons, only insiders of world's best RAD tool ever can truly understand.

A
algreilly author 2/15/2017

Howdy Walk2fly, I am aware there are other programs out there that you can get for a few hundred per month or quarter, but those programs are not built for the application that I require.

HJB 2/15/2017

As I tried to explain, the term "POS" is 50% software and 50% hardware, hopefully compatible one, so, given you succeed on the first 50% in full,

a non-compatible hardware, let us say for example, the barcode scanner DOESN'T properly manage the automatic RETURN key or for example the CASH

DRAWER does NOT open as wished as and when due, at least by then you are about to discover where the problems for a POS from scratch really are.

O
ordermation 3/6/2017

Hi Al,
Like you, I have been using PHPRunner for many years AND like you I needed to include a POS that I wanted to embed in my main application and therefore use the PHPRunner framework.
The approach I took to create a "blank" Runner page, create a "list box" to show the Items being sold. A grid of touch buttons (nicely color coded and formed using bootstrap). Each button was an Item or a POS Function, all of which are managed by Javascript through the Javascript onLoad event.
In regard to hardware management, I took the easy option which was to use a POS Printer with an embedded webserver. Therefore simple calls from the main POS program to the printer enabled, printing, cash drawer open/close, customer display etc.
My background is POS development and I was dreading creating a new POS (normally you only have enough motivation to do one in your lifetime ; )

Using PHPRunner certainly saved me heaps of time and the end result wasn't too bad.
We had it interfaced to our bank for credit card processing, sent electronic receipts (email/SMS), hooked up to support Loyalty by tracking all Sales against each Customer in the system. So all the normal POS stuff.
Now that I have finished the positives, I would certainly define where your POS was appropriate (as in what industries etc) eg Hospitality is way different than Supermarkets etc.
Anyway , feel free to contact me, as it is a passion of mine and I am in the mood to extend the functionality that we have so far.
Cheers,
Michael

HJB 3/8/2017

... and I am in the mood to extend the functionality that we have so far.

unquote

So, let us try to somehow emulate ZUC, say, you render the functionality,

Admin adds "multi-currency" functionality per location by code snippet and

BINGO ..., ZUC would immdly seek to get even the smallest stake in such POS,

be 100% sure, one roof by URL, multiple locations with multiple salesmen per

location and multi-currency support ..., the investor STAMPEDE would be ON!