This topic is locked

Using readonly on a picklist field and dates

2/12/2006 11:35:17 AM
PHPRunner General questions
D
Dale author

When using a picklist value on a field and selecting that field as a readonly attribute, when the view page or edit page display, you do not see the picklist value. You only see the value being stored.
Can this be modified. The value should display in readonly but it should display the picklist choice.
This is also noticable on a date field you have setup for editing. When this field is displayed on the view page you only see the value saved in the database ie 2002-02-10 and not in your editing format as DD/MM/YYYY.

admin 2/12/2006

I'm not sure how you can make field both Lookup wizard and Readonly the same time. Please clarify.
Also make sure your date field has correct View as type assigned (Short data or Long date).

D
Dale author 2/12/2006

Thanks for the quick response.
Of course your right, you can't pick an edit value of Readonly and also a Lookup wizard. I found a workaround for this one, using the lookup wizard and the the Dependant on function. Now in edit mode the user cannot change the value of the picklist. It would be nice to have a way to have a picklist on the edit screen but disabled so the user can pick anything else. As I said the workaround seems to workout, just looks funny having the dropdown when you can only pick the one existing item. It works for me.
The issue with the date is different. I do set the view as to Short Date. And in the edit change I have selected date box with datepicker in MM/DD/YYYY format. This all works fine. BUt if I have a edit form that I do not want the user to be able to change the date field, I select ReadOnly. This is when the final output appears as 2006-02-12. Thats is where I would like the format to be modifiable for display. Maybe this could be suggestion for future.
Again thanks for your time.

admin 2/13/2006

Dale,
It's great idea. We'll implement it in next update of PHPRunner.