This topic is locked

Adding Custom Classes to ASPRunner.NET application

11/20/2016 6:53:54 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
R
raymueller authorDevClub member

What is the proper way to include a custom or commercial library (like Telerik or DevExpress) to make the classes available throughout the application?
Thank you

Ray

jadachDevClub member 11/23/2016

I would probably not even attempt that. ASPRunner.Net is awesome, but it is not Visual Studio.
If I really had to incorporate DevExpress or similar, I would open the output folder as a website in Visual Studio and create additional pages with those 3rd party controls. However, they will be separate pages not accessible in the ASPR designer.
You may want to reach out directly to support and ask if this is supported.

R
raymueller authorDevClub member 12/18/2016

Jerry
Thank you.
I am focusing more on how can I create my own class to perform custom functions.
Where would I add the class DLL so I can access from the ASPRunner project of course I will need to add the necessary using statements.
Ray

I would probably not even attempt that. ASPRunner.Net is awesome, but it is not Visual Studio.
If I really had to incorporate DevExpress or similar, I would open the output folder as a website in Visual Studio and create additional pages with those 3rd party controls. However, they will be separate pages not accessible in the ASPR designer.
You may want to reach out directly to support and ask if this is supported.

R
raymueller authorDevClub member 12/19/2016

Jerry
This is the response that I was looking for.
Thank you

Ray

See here, perhaps it will help you.

http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/23911-write-your-own-custom-functions/

Pete K 12/21/2016

Jerry
This is the response that I was looking for.
Thank you

Ray

I'm glad you found that helpful, Ray.