This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Categorized List or Custom View

11/7/2016 2:39:41 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
H
hgoodric author

Is there a way to display the grid of a List or View with categorization?
For example, If I have a list that has these columns:

Number,..Part Number,..Part Desc

Q0001.....1XXXXXX......The Part X

Q0001.....1YYYYYY......The Part Y

Q0002.....2XXXXXX......The Part X

Q0002.....2YYYYYY......The Part Y
I want it displayed like this:

Number, Part Number, Part Desc

Q0001

........1XXXXXX......The Part X

........1YYYYYY......The Part Y

Q0002

........2XXXXXX......The Part X

........2YYYYYY......The Part Y
the dots represent spacing between columns
Thnx,

HG

T
Tim 11/7/2016

HG,
There is an entry in the help file that shows how to hide repeating data in a column. Here is a link:
http://www.xlinesoft.com/asprunnernet/docs/hide_repeating_values_on_list_page.htm
But I think you might be looking for an enhancement that I suggested a long time ago: the ability to "group by" a field on the list page. One of the templates (I think it's the KB one) has this. I think it would be so helpful, and frankly, it would satisfy 1/2 of my reporting needs.

I just went back to the suggestions forum and I can't find my post about this. Like I said, it was a long time ago (several years), so maybe it's gone. I think I may post it again. If this is what you're looking for, maybe you can "plus 1" my request.
Good luck!

Thanks,

Tim

H
hgoodric author 11/15/2016

Yeah, the link wasn't what I was looking for, but your suggestion that you had posted (although I didn't see it) is what I was looking for.
Back between 2001-2010 I was a Domino/Notes Developer. Categorized "Views" was a built in feature of Domino applications:
https://asprunner.com/forums/file.php?topicimage=1&fieldname=reply&id=80685&image=1&table=forumreplies
This was the functionality I was hoping to find.
Thnx!!
Harold G

admin 11/17/2016

Harold,
maybe you can create a report and turn on grouping by two fields.

H
hgoodric author 11/18/2016

I haven't used the built-in reporting features yet, but I was looking for the interactive nature of the views (CRUD) combined with categorized views. I assume that reporting falls outside the CRUD features of the views. Anyway, I am resigned that ASPRunner.net 9 doesnt provide that feature.
Thnx for the reply though!!
Harold G