This topic is locked

Great tool, but ...

1/27/2006 4:04:28 PM
PHPRunner General questions
S
Sebastian Becker author

Hi,
although I'm generally impressed by PHPRunner's abilities, there are some things that I'm missing or do not understand. For example ...
Does PHPRunner only create the pages for the backend? What about the frontend?
Previous-Next links for entries (as manchined in this post) don't seem to be an exotic demand.
The extensive use of JavaScript - even for links (!) - excludes a few potential users and makes modifications a pain, or even impossible.
I could not figure out how to administrate user login data with PHPRunner. Either this is not possible or it's too complicated to understand it intuitively.
Regards,
Sebastian Becker

A
Alan4573 1/27/2006

I could not figure out how to administrate user login data with PHPRunner. Either this is not possible or it's too complicated to understand it intuitively.

Sebastian,
Which part of the user login data are you struggling with?
I had problems myself until I figured it out - now its a breeze. Let me know and I'll give you some pointers.
Cheers
Alan

admin 1/28/2006

Sebastian,
it's difficult to believe someone who knows what Javascript is cannot figure out login feature in PHPRunner.

Login is either hardcoded or username/password pairs are stored in database table.
If you need help tell me what exactly doesn't work.
PS. How do you define a frontend?

S
Sebastian Becker author 2/2/2006

Sergey ,

it's difficult to believe someone who knows what Javascript is cannot figure out login feature in PHPRunner.

Login is either hardcoded or username/password pairs are stored in database table.

I understand that. But how do I for example create new users?

PS. How do you define a frontend?

The pages that the user - and not only the administrator - sees and which are accessible without login.
Up to now I found out in my tests that pHPRunner creates a nice administraton section, and I coded the user pages by myself.
Regards,
Sebastian

S
Sebastian Becker author 2/2/2006

Hello, Alan,

Which part of the user login data are you struggling with?

I had problems myself until I figured it out - now its a breeze. Let me know and I'll give you some pointers.

It was easy with hardcoded login data. Then I created a database table with a username and a MD5-encrypted password and failed logging in.
I had chosen "username and password from database", checked "Remind password page", "Encrypt passwords" and "Change password page", selected "User mail field: email" and left "From email adress" empty in "User login settings" in PHPRunner.
I also could not find out where to configure user data inside of PHPRunner, so I had to configure them inside the database, which is not very comfortable.
Regards,
Sebastian

admin 2/3/2006

Sebastian,
You can't login, because passwords aren't encrypted in user table. So if you want to login, please uncheck Encrypt passwords.
PHPRunner doesn't modify user database tables. You can use new user registration page for creating new users.
if you want to create pages accessible without login, you can check Add "login as a guest" with readonly access in Advanced security settings dialog or create new project and uncheck Create login page box. Put your new project into separate directory on server.