This topic is locked

Remind Password Page

3/26/2016 4:40:39 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
F
Flavio author

Hello.

I have just upgraded from Asprunner Pro 6.3 to 9.1.

All files were imported well and everything works fine but the Remind Password Page.

I have set security based on the database with a "users" table with dynamic permissions.

Fields in "users" table are, besides "id", "username", "password", "fullname" and "email".
This worked well with 6.3. When someone needed to remind his password, he got the mail containing login and password, even if he chose to enter is email address or login name.
With 9.1 user should not choose anymore to enter his login name or his email address in order to retrieve his lost password. The Remind Password Page prompts a single field asking user to type is username OR his email address. In 6.3 he also had to set a check box telling if he was sending his username or is email address.

Nothing changed in my database from 6.3 to 9.1 but now when i try to get a lost password thru the remind password page, no matter if i put my username or my email, i get the following error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Circular reference caused by alias 'username' in query definition's SELECT list.
//remind.asp, line 0

Any help for this?
Thank you.
F.

acaruson 3/26/2016

Hello.

I have just upgraded from Asprunner Pro 6.3 to 9.1.

All files were imported well and everything works fine but the Remind Password Page.

I have set security based on the database with a "users" table with dynamic permissions.

Fields in "users" table are, besides "id", "username", "password", "fullname" and "email".
This worked well with 6.3. When someone needed to remind his password, he got the mail containing login and password, even if he chose to enter is email address or login name.
With 9.1 user should not choose anymore to enter his login name or his email address in order to retrieve his lost password. The Remind Password Page prompts a single field asking user to type is username OR his email address. In 6.3 he also had to set a check box telling if he was sending his username or is email address.

Nothing changed in my database from 6.3 to 9.1 but now when i try to get a lost password thru the remind password page, no matter if i put my username or my email, i get the following error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Circular reference caused by alias 'username' in query definition's SELECT list.
//remind.asp, line 0

Any help for this?
Thank you.
F.

Is USERNAME a unique field?

F
Flavio author 3/27/2016

Is USERNAME a unique field?

Yes, definitely.
There are only these fields in the users table:

(id)

username

password

fullname

email
Regards,

F.

acaruson 3/27/2016

Yes, definitely.
There are only these fields in the users table:

(id)

username

password

fullname

email
Regards,

F.

No....is the field username set to unique so the same name can't be used twice. ?

F
Flavio author 3/27/2016

No....is the field username set to unique so the same name can't be used twice. ?

Yes, it is set to be unique and indexed in the database table.

I also tried to make asprunnerpro 9.1 to automatically create a brand new table itself (Users2) with different field names (username1, email1, password1, fullname1) but i get the same error.
F.

admin 3/27/2016

You need to post your project to demo account and contact support directly. Need to see what exactly happens there behind the scene.