This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

look if file file exists before process

10/28/2015 1:18:56 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
G
gonzalosb author

Hi all,
I mark resolve my last post to fast ...!
need to see if file exists before process the database connection
if do not exists "db/databae1.accdb" then cancel login and stay on login page with error message "no database found. try again"

admin 10/28/2015
G
gonzalosb author 11/2/2015

hi Admin,

your post was really really helpful and fix a lot of my issues, however, I found out that the database connection needs to be set on BEFORE PROCESS witch make an almost impossible task to select the DB on BEFORE LOGIN.
this bring me to the following question

can be a way to fully login over URL without get to login page and press SUBMIT?

i can transfer everything over URL, the username, password and database name but i can't do the login.
i try: myweb.com/login.asp?username=gonzalo&password=sb&btnSubmit=login but nothing,
that fill out the information on username and password but not click on SUBMIT so i send it over URL but get stock on login.asp page
also try THIS POST but looks like is set for SQL and im using MSACCESS and give me an error.
any help on this?
thank you

admin 11/2/2015

That post has nothing SQL Server specific and should work with MS Access. You just need to make sure you build a proper SQL query.

G
gonzalosb author 11/5/2015

i have this error using the code for URL login

Microsoft Office Access Database Engine error '80040e10'
No value given for one or more required parameters.
/include/aspfunctions.asp, line 1343

any idea?
is anything else i need to change beside the database name?

admin 11/5/2015

You need to print your query on the page instead of executing it to see what exactly is wrong.

G
gonzalosb author 11/6/2015

How can i do that???

admin 11/7/2015

Assuming that SQL query is in variable named strSQL you can do this:

Response.Write strSQL
G
gonzalosb author 11/11/2015

hi Admin,

thank you for your help and this forums that are AWESOME.
I found the way to select the database before log in without an error after as i mention in the beginning so is no need of transferring via URL, and even do never work for me, I will e really interested in see it working.
if someone need help on this let me know.