This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Calendar List & View Screens Only

6/14/2015 9:12:04 AM
Calendar Template general questions
C
cjsaputo author

I have created a full calendar application from the template and it is working. I need to create a second application for viewing ONLY. I don't want to show a login screen with guest access.
I used the full application and did a save as for the view ONLY. I edited this second application to eliminate the edit, add and delete functions. I kept the view functions. I only show the monthly, weekly and daily calendars on the menu.
However, the monthly and weekly list calendars will not allow the view screen to show when clicking on an event recorded for a day. There is a link for the event but when clicking on the event it displays the edit screen. I want it to display the view screen. Not sure why the edit screen is popping up when the edit function is removed from the "Pages to Build" screen in PHPR?
I suspect there is code behind the links on the monthly and weekly list screens that needs to be modified.
Any help would be appreciated.

admin 6/15/2015

I would probably just point users directly to one of pages i.e. to Monthly page and simply remove links to login page from Monthly/Weekly/Daily/Yearly pages.

C
cjsaputo author 7/29/2015

I would probably just point users directly to one of pages i.e. to Monthly page and simply remove links to login page from Monthly/Weekly/Daily/Yearly pages.

I have disabled login and I only show Monthly, Weekly and Daily screens. However, when I click on an event in Monthly or Weekly it displays a blank edit screen. I want it to display the view screen for that event.
Can this be done?

W
wifi 9/1/2015

I have disabled login and I only show Monthly, Weekly and Daily screens. However, when I click on an event in Monthly or Weekly it displays a blank edit screen. I want it to display the view screen for that event.
Can this be done?

Had the same problem.

I have the edit view adapted and make it a view only page

created in before display events buttons disabled

$xt-> assign ("buttons name", false);