This topic is locked

Calendar Documentation needs update

3/4/2014 1:35:38 PM
Calendar Template general questions
A
Anapolis author

Since I am using the Calendar purchased in the Template packet a month ago I would like clarification about any new methods that are employed since this Documentation was written.
I read this and wonder what has changed since this refers to a table called "Numbers" that is not created by my version of PHPRunner Calendar:
I want to know if I can get rid of this PERIOD field altogether in the Calendar Form.

Period, Numbers – supporting tables

(for ASP version)

qryDaily – query displaying all events, including recurring. After the recurring event has been saved, a new record with the event’s first occurrence is added to table Calendar listing reoccurrence frequency and ending time of the event. Then the query displays the first and all consequent recurring events. The query is made of 5 sub-queries. First 4 are responsible for recurring events for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly time intervals respectively. 5th query handles one-time events.

Table Numbers is used to display the recurring events and stores the numbers from 0 to 5000.

The query is built by joining two tables Calendar and Numbers and enables the calculation of the beginning dates for all recurring events given the frequency. The calculation of recurring events is executed from the beginning to ending dates selected by the user.

(ASP Version) Table Numbers is pre-filled from the beginning. The table is not used in any other manipulations.

(PHP Version) Table Numbers is pre-filled with numbers from 0 do 365 during the scripting that creates the table. Then, for performance reasons, every time Monthly_list and Weekly_list pages are accessed 100 records are added to Numbers table using Ajax technology.

In Before_SQL_query event for Calendar and Daily tables we customize the SQL query similar to qryDaily.

Thank you for clearing this up as to whether this is just old documentation about a method no longer used in the Current Calendar template.