This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Inventory Location

2/25/2014 12:05:56 PM
Shopping Cart Template general questions
C
cjsaputo author

I want to add a Location code to the inventory in the admin template so that the item can be assigned a location in the warehouse. I want to create a Pick List report ordered by order number within location to make it easier to fill orders. I can assign the location when I create a new item.

admin 2/27/2014

Could you clarify what is the question here?

C
cjsaputo author 2/28/2014

Since the inventory and orders files are custom tables based on tables that are not selected can I modify the original files and have the location code show the location when an order is placed. In other words, Can I modify the master product file and the master order-item file by adding the location code and have the location code show in the orders? Or do I also have to modify existing code to make this work?

Could you clarify what is the question here?

admin 3/3/2014

Some changes in the code might be required depending on where you need to display this location and what else you need to do with it besides displaying on some page.

C
cjsaputo author 3/4/2014

I have been able to add the location to the product from the edit products. But when I add an item to an order the order item table stores the item code in the location field. I have added a lookup on the order item add screen to display the location field from the master item file based on a match on item. This works but when the order item is saved it stores the item code in the location field of the order item table.