This topic is locked

Width

1/14/2014 9:14:49 AM
Multiselect plugin support forum
D
dangdk author

How can I increase the width of the boxes for the selectables?

D
dangdk author 1/14/2014

Also, is there a way to have a selectable cover 2 lines so that the width doesnt need to be too great?

acaruson 5/18/2014

No kidding. There needs to be more intuitive controls over setting things like width.
There is a file C:\Users\??????????\Documents\ASPRunnerProPlugins\edit\Multiselect\include\Multiselect_plugin\css\multi-select.css
You can try to tweak some of the width settings. However, this will affect every app you update using this plug-in. Be sure to make a copy of the original.
The issue I have is, the moment I expand the width too much, it "stacks" the two controls...rather than keeps them side by side. Ugly.
If anyone has an explanation of how to adjust width and height, it would be very appreciated!

admin 5/19/2014

Since plugin author doesn't respond I'll chime in.
You can add the following to Custom CSS section in Style Editor. Amend if required and enjoy. Just make sure that Add/Edit pages are wide enough to accommodate this control.

.ms-container {

width: 500px !important;

}
.ms-list {

height: 400px !important;

}
acaruson 5/19/2014

Since plugin author doesn't respond I'll chime in.
You can add the following to Custom CSS section in Style Editor. Amend if required and enjoy. Just make sure that Add/Edit pages are wide enough to accommodate this control.

.ms-container {

width: 500px !important;

}
.ms-list {

height: 400px !important;

}

Actually, I did the following and got a much better look for my app...
.ms-container .ms-selectable li.ms-elem-selectable,

.ms-container .ms-selection li.ms-elem-selection{

border-bottom: 1px #eee solid;

padding: 1px 10px;

color: #555;
}
.custom-header{

background-color:#000;

color:#FFF;

[color="#FF00FF"][size="3"] font:bold 12px/14px Tahoma,sans-serif;

padding: 1px 1px 1px 12px;[/size]

}
.ms-container {
}
Thanks for the help.
I hope the plug-in gets an update at some point so that the look and feel can be more easily tweeked on a per-project basis.