This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Session Time Out issues with the Calendar Template – Check your permissions

12/12/2013 11:39:01 AM
Calendar Template general questions
D
DouglasB author

First let me say I am a long time user and fan of phpRunner, Sergey & Jane. We consider XlineSoft a part of our design team.
Years ago, when the Calendar template was first offered, we created a custom calendar for an environmental company. This application is huge with multiple data fields, look-up tables, related views, charts and reports. Well, Monday we started getting "Session Timed Out Please Login" messages.
Sergey & Jane checked the php.ini, suggested creating a new build, suggested creating a new v7.0 build, but nothing worked. Then while updating to phpRunner7.0 build 19454 I realized that perhaps the problem is in security/permissions because the user Admin had said they deleted some users from there on Friday.
Sure enough while all the tables in the MySQL database were fine the actual GroupID field in the calUsers tables had changed. Instead of "admin" as a GroupID the users were identified as "Admin". CAPITALIZATION MATTERS!! Changing the GroupID in calUsers table back to lower case has fixed the Session Time Out error, allowed the Add New function to work again and all the other custom coding we had created.
It took 3 days to fine this one tiny, little, glitch. I hope this helps someone else that may be racking their brain why the Calendar template is just not working.