This topic is locked

multiselect doesn't function properly with non latin characters

11/13/2013 8:23:14 AM
Multiselect plugin support forum
R
ragheb author

Dear All,
I am working on a php based website where all data input in fields is done in none-latin alphabet mainly Arabic. When using the normal select function available with phprunner the select function works normally with the data but when we use the multiselect plugin although it shows the data correctly but whenever you choose any single entry in the 1st pane all the data gets selected to the 2nd pane and if you click any entry in selected pane all data gets deselected. To make sure that this is character based I changed all the data in the table field being used by the multiselect plugin from Arabic to Latin characters the plugin worked now normally and I can choose single or multiple entries correctly. Can anyone please help in trying to resolve this problem?
Sincerely,
Ragheb Rustom

C
cgphp 11/17/2013

Post a demo link to your application.

R
ragheb author 11/19/2013

Post a demo link to your application.

Hi Cristian,
I uploaded the project to asprunner demo link servers but it seems that the database there does not accept any arabic characters since the test data we used is in arabic all the data appears as garbled (all ???????) when you use the application. Would you like that I publish the application on a local server that have access to from internet instead of using ASPrunner servers?
Sincerely,
Ragheb Rustom

R
ragheb author 11/19/2013

Hi Cristian,
I uploaded the project to asprunner demo link servers but it seems that the database there does not accept any arabic characters since the test data we used is in arabic all the data appears as garbled (all ???????) when you use the application. Would you like that I publish the application on a local server that have access to from internet instead of using ASPrunner servers?
Sincerely,
Ragheb Rustom

Hi Cristian
I re-entered data manually in arabic on asprunner demo link servers you can check the application on the following link:
http://demo.asprunner.net/ragheb_smartelecom_org/oasoftver105ms/login.php
login to app is:
username: admin
password: abdmoh68
to check the multi-select list box problem just click on tab that has this field on it:
الوثيقة
just try and edit any of the 2 entries the multiselect list appears just try to click on any entry inside and see what happens.
Sincerely,
Ragheb Rustom

C
cgphp 12/12/2013

Ragheb, could you post the demo again or send me a private message with the link?