This topic is locked

Order form, passing a key

8/11/2005 8:53:44 AM
PHPRunner General questions
C
crono999 author

I'm creating a system in which I want the user to be able to view all possible scheduled services they can choose from. They then need the ability to select one of those services, and proceed to an order form. How can I create this functionality, where a user will click on the service (or, say, an "order" button in the table, set up like your view/edit buttons), and be taken to an "add entry" form for a different table, where a key has been passed from the orinal table, to place the order. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know how this might be possible...

admin 8/12/2005

Hi,
you can setup Master-Detail relationship for this purpose.
I.e. you have two tables:

Services and Orders.

Services.serviceID is primary key for Serivces table and

Orders.serviceID is foreign key for Orders.
Set Services table as Master for your Orders table on Datasource table tab in PHPRunner. Select serviceID as master and foreign keys.

Then proceed to Formatting tab for Orders table and remove serviceID from Add page.

After you build you will see Orders link on every row of Services table.

When you press this link and Add new link on the next page you will get to Add Order page where seriveID will be filled automaticaly with the Service you selected.
If this functionality fits your needs I will show you how to modify the pages to proceed from Services List page directly to Add Order page.

501225 8/12/2005

i ran a quick test, and it appears that what you suggested will serve my purpose very well. directing the user directly to the add page would be perfect.
also, when they click "add", can they be directed back to the orders list to view what they just added, rather than given the option to add another entry.
one final thought, can i remove the "Add" link from the orders view page, meaning they can only reach the add page from the services page. thank you for you time.

C
crono999 author 8/12/2005

forgot to log in for that last reply, sorry. also, is it possible to add the master table data from the row that was selected to the top of the directly linked-to "Add" page, so the customer can see what it is they are ordering?

admin 8/15/2005

Hi,
after you purchase PHPRunner I will need from you an initial set of generated PHP pages to make required changes. Zip and send them to support@xlinesoft.com.
These modifications will be free of charge for you.

C
crono999 author 8/15/2005

Okay, I just needed to make sure these modifications are possible.
I should be putting the purchase through at some point today, just waiting on the final go-ahead from the higher-ups...
And just so I know and am able to get it all taken care of by the end of the day, which files do I need to send to you?

admin 8/16/2005

Hi,
there are files from output directory where you like to put generated PHP files including subfolders and your database creation script.

C
crono999 author 8/17/2005

okay, so it took a bit longer to get all the final permissions to purchase, but it's done now.
as far as sending you the files, I don't have a final build done yet due to some other issues i need to address. that is, unless the before-mentioned modifications can be made and maintained even after rebuilding...?
new issues:

1. the final entry for the user on the "order" add page is a dropdown box where they select when and how they want they selected service. therefore, using the Lookup Wizard, i must filter based on data in the services table (which i know how to do); however, i also need to filter based on a user entered date that has been entered on this same page...
  2. is it possible for an entry field on this "orders" add page to be inactive if a field in the "services" page is false?
    thank you for all of your help so far, your product and service has thusfar been invaluable

admin 8/18/2005

Hi,
These changes are more complex then previous.

I can implement them for you as a custom project. I can give you price quote on it after I see your database structure and detailed description of new issues.
These modifications will not retain after project rebuild.

C
crono999 author 8/22/2005

Okay, I know what I'm trying to do requires some major modifications, but I'm making progress in most areas. However, is there any way you could at least point me in the right direction for filtering a list based on criteria entered on the same page? (part 1 of my above posting) Just any kind of hint would be appreciated.