This topic is locked

Display price quote using PHPrunner search

7/31/2005 12:10:38 PM
PHPRunner General questions
B
bwilliams author

I have built a set of PHPrunner files to allow users to search a table and view the number of records based on selected criteria. In addition to viewing the results of the advanced search, now I would also like to display the pricing associated with the number of records displayed. Pricing calculation is very simple:

• $1 times the number of records displayed on advanced search page for which the user has view/export permission
  • additional $.25 for each record if the user has permission to view/export the "phone" field
    I'm guessing that I could design a simple price table, but how would I perform the price calculation using the "total records" found using the standard search function? Can you suggest how this could be accomplished?
    Thank you

admin 7/31/2005

Hi,
some manual coding is required to implement this. I do not have "ready to go" piece of code that does this.

B
bwilliams author 8/1/2005

Would your DB to Html product enable me to do this? It seems to have arithmetic and decision support capabilities (IF/then/else). I have a hosted MySQL database which I have connected to successfully using the DB to html trial. My interest in the product is limited to my desire to avoid having to develop CGI scripting or SQL command structure.
One other point. Though I have successfully connected to MySQL using ODBC DSN services, I have had to reinstall several times because the DB to html Express application closes immediately upon starting the application.

admin 8/1/2005

DBtoHTML Express can do this however this application is not supported or developed anymore.