Forums: ASPRunnerPro6.3/PHPRunner5.3 beta is available for download - Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ASPRunnerPro6.3/PHPRunner5.3 beta is available for download build 6629 Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

The current build is 6629, updated October 20, 2010.

Download links
PHPRunner:
http://asprunner.com...er-setup53b.exe
http://asprunner.com...er-setup53b.zip

ASPRunnerPro:
http://asprunner.com...ro-setup63b.exe
http://asprunner.com...ro-setup63b.zip

Watch What's new in this update webcast

This beta won't interfere with currently installed ASPRunnerPro or PHPRunner. You can keep your previous version and run both programs side by side.

This upgrade will be free to all customers who purchased ASPRunnerPro/PHPRunner less than one year ago.
We'll send new registration keys once final version is released.
All other customers will be able to upgrade to new version for $99.

Known bugs and limitation in this beta
- some features were not yet tested in Internet Explorer
- Tabs/Sections will be added to View pages and (maybe) to Register page
- Field tooltips on Edit/Add pages. Not implemented yet in templates. Will be available in final version.

Major features in this update

1. Tabs/folding sections on Add/Edit pages

Posted Image

2. Option to display Add/Edit/View pages in popup

To turn this feature on proceed to 'Choose pages' screen and click '...' button next to 'List page'.

3. New 'View as' types 'Video' and 'Audio'. 'Edit as' type can be either 'Text field' (enter video/audio file name there) or 'File/Image' (upload files).

What video file types are supported:
http://flowplayer.or...ical-facts.html

Audio files playback is provided by Yahoo! media player. This player is really nice though it has some limitations (it's a beta version, doesn't work well in IE/Chrome, requires Internet connection to work). Most probably we'll have to switch to another player for now.

4. A number of improvements related to huge (hundreds of tables) projects support. Faster loading, partial rebuild.

Posted Image

5. Totally revamped events editor.

Filter by event name
Posted Image

Show events with actual code only
Posted Image

Search within event or within all events
Posted Image

Minor features

4. Search options for fine search tuning.

Posted Image

7. Export/import multilanguage labels to CSV to edit in external editor.

8. SMTP mailer support in PHP

You can enter SMTP server parameters under Security->User Login Settings.

9. Audit log events. Turn on Audit function and check 'Before audit log' event.

11. Allow to enter different connection settings for dev/production environment. Proceed to the Output screen to see how it works.

12. Option to access field values in BeforeDisplay Edit/View. Will be available in final version.

13. Option to modify start/end year in date dropdown box (per project). Proceed to any date field 'Edit as' dialog to setup this.

Option to set default number of digits after comma for all numeric fields. Proceed to any numeric field 'View as' dialog to setup this option.

14. Auto-fill several fields on Add/Edit pages with values from lookup table. Set any field 'Edit as' type to 'Lookup wizard' and click 'Autofill' button to see how it works.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#2 User is offline   Hicham 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks for sharing with us the new version. I am very excited. so i want to be first one that tried it. I like new features on ASPPRO 6.3. I used a projects that i created using ASP Pro6.2 the process creates the ASP pages but when i tried to open it on Internet explorer i received the below error :

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0411)
Name redefined
/Chain/include/aspfunctions.asp, line 2736

#3 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

Hucham,

could you post your application to Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending your Demo Account URL?
'Demo Account' button can be found on the last screen in the program.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#4 User is offline   StockHammer 

• Pip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for bringing this Beta. I love using this tool.

So, do we use our current license key for the Beta. I noticed has an 21 day expiration.

Thanks

#5 User is offline   Sekaidragon 

• PipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

This is going to be a great tool. Naturally, there are a lot of bugs (it's what beta testing is for), so I'm wondering if there is a specific forum for posting bugs or should we submit tickets instead? Thanks!

#6 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Sekaidragon,

you can either post reports here or better yet send tickets directly to support team to ensure faster turnaround.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#7 User is offline   aramuni 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

Congrats!

Can we have 5.2 and 5.3 versions in the same machine? How?

All the bugs we found in 5.2 version are fixed?

Tks!

#8 User is offline   Kevin Millican 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Some nice new features here, but plenty of bugs too. Here are a couple for starters:-

1. Tabs only half work - I'm getting unexpected fields duplicated on the wrong tabs, and others are missing from the tab they should be on.
2. Now() default on datetimes always defaults to 00:00:00 time
3. On the totals page, all fields appear on the List page even if they are disabled.

Update 2010-09-02
These three issues are fixed in build 6213
Thanks

This post has been edited by Kevin Millican: 02 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

#9 User is offline   Rod 

• PipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

I tried 5.3beta and found "search" to be broken.

Rod

#10 User is offline   suprapen 

• PipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

Would be nice if tab support can be applied to child records. A separate tab to access the child records.

#11 User is offline   Dirk Klees 

• Pip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

Where can i upgrade for getting the $99 offer before the final release? Currently, the order page only offers the 5.2 version (which i have already). Is the free Templates Pack or ReportsMaestro included in those upgrades as well?

#12 User is offline   Stephan - MMP 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

What I see so far in 5.3 looks great. Well done, development team.
I'm specifically interested in the tab and section function and I know you it's still WIP (work in progress) Some pointers and suggestions though:
1. The tabs does not show any fields yet. Sections do though. Tried both IE and Firefox
2. I would like to see that sections should have the ability to either show or hide on first opening the page. At the moment it shows by default. (Maybe I'm missing the place where to set it)
3. When not showing (same with tabs) required fields should also be inactive so that it does not need completion if empty, otherwise there is no use for having them to expand or not. Once active or showing, the field should become required if set that way. I see the original demo (http://demo.asprunner.net/tanya_xlinesoft_com/Project2/products_add.php) is the same.

General:
1. I see all fields show up on the "Totals" page, even if not selected on the "Fields" tab of PHPRunner.
2. I saved an existing project and it seems to work without major issues so far. This is a huge relief as the conversion from 5.1 to 5.2 was (is) a nightmare.
3. Can't wait for Version 6 with possible Visual editor and theme enhancements. I think this will then make PHPRunner a complete package.

Keep up the good work.
Stephan Greyvenstein
Mpumalanga
South Africa

#13 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I would ask anyone who is facing issues with this beta to post your application to Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending your Demo Account URL. 'Demo Account' button can be found on the last screen in the program.

aramuni,

yes, you can run both versions side by side.

All known issues were fixed in PHPRunner 5.2 quite a long time ago. If you are having any issues running the latest build of PHPRunner 5.2 - contact support team directly providing more info.

Kevin Millican, Rod,

I would ask you to post your application to Demo Account and contact support team directly providing more info on reproducing those issues.

suprapen,

I would need more details and probably and screenshot that explains how tabs cab be applied to child records.

Dirk Klees,

once final version is released upgrade page will be updated to feature PHPRunner 5.3. Free gifts are provided with new purchases only.

Stephan - MMP,

please show where we can see 'The tabs does not show any fields yet' issue.

Nice suggestion in regards to initial section state.

Not sure I understand (3). If you have an example to show - it would be nice.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#14 User is offline   Stephan - MMP 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Explanation of 3:

When not showing (same with tabs) required fields should also be inactive so that it does not need completion if empty, otherwise there is no use for having them to expand or not. Once active or showing, the field should become required if set that way. I see the original demo (http://demo.asprunner.net/tanya_xlinesoft_com/Project2/products_add.php) is the same.

Look at your original demo http://demo.asprunne...roducts_add.php
Now click on "add tab2" without completing info on "Add tab1"
Add info (optional) and save.
The record won't save as the client did not complete the required ProductID field on tab1 but can't see that it is required as it is showing Tab 2 info.
The ideal should be that the required field should only be active if the tab is active. Otherwise some message should indicate on top of the page that a field in the specific tab is still empty.
Hope this explains.

please show where we can see 'The tabs does not show any fields yet' issue.

I'll post on demo and send link to support.
Stephan Greyvenstein
Mpumalanga
South Africa

#15 User is offline   wassim 

• Pip

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

The "add timestamp to uploaded filename" is not working in both builds (build 6181)and (build 6213). This bug is produced in both the development environment (movamp) and on a Linux server with PHP Version 5.2.13

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic