Forums: PHPRunner 5.2/ASPRunner 6.2 - Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PHPRunner 5.2/ASPRunner 6.2 List of new features and planned release date. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   CodeDog 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

View Postadmin, on 30 October 2009 - 10:33 PM, said:

CodeDog,

per our earlier conversation we have added project cleanup feature to our to do list. Thanks for reminding.

Stephan,

this is very close to how we plan to implement styles modification.

:D :D After having mentioned it to you earlier I didn't want to put it here for quite a while as I watched this thread, but finally had to add it just to get it in. I figured you were already working on it, and it's appreciated. :) Thanks...

#32 User is offline   tech 

• PipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

Will the google widget populate the coordinates and distance between the two addresses entered by the user?

View Postadmin, on 15 October 2009 - 12:57 PM, said:

We plan to have a beta version of PHPRunner 5.2/ASPRunnerPro 6.2 available at the end of November/first week of December. This would be one of the most ambitious and feature-rich releases in PHPRunner/ASPRunnerPro history so bear with us if release date slips a bit. We work hard to ship it one time.

New features planned in this update.

1. Audit
All actions like login/logout/record editing/adding/deleting etc are logged to Audit table.
http://demo.asprunne...ect41/login.php
Logon as admin/admin or user/user

2. Record locking.
To test this feature open this project in two different browsers i.e. in Firefox and Chrome. Logon using different credentials and try to edit the same record in one of tables to see how it works. Admin is able to unblock record if it was blocked for too long or take ownership.
http://demo.asprunne...ect41/login.php
Logon as admin/admin or user/user

3. Column resizing.
Resize any column on the list page by dragging it's edge.
http://demo.asprunne...orders_list.php

4. Edit/Add master-details tables on the same page
http://demo.asprunne...orders_list.php
- Add master and details
- Edit master and details
- Edit details in inline mode on master
- View master and details (not implemented in this demo, will be available in final version)
- multiple detail tables (nested or one master - many details). I.e. you can display customers, orders by customer, order details per order and edit all three tables at the same time without leaving the page. Sounds a bit crazy, huh?

5. New FTP client (fast and reliable). Uploads faster than FileZilla.

6. Option: Block user account after three unsuccessful login attempts

7. Option: Section 508 compliance
http://demo.asprunne...ject43/menu.php

Check keyboard-based navigation through table links on the list page (Arrow Up, Arrow Down, Tab, Shift Tab).

8. Search panel (advanced search on the list page)
http://bit.ly/Mu4jm
Check search panel on the left. You can add new criteria.
You can add the same field twice which will produce OR search (username='admin' or username='test').
By default it implements 'Contains' search. To change this click 'Show options' link.
You can use both search panel and simple search box at the same time. It produces AND search in this case.
You can show/hide search panel clicking button with double arrows.
You can also make search panel floating clicking pin button.

9. Charts update. Multiple series (unlimited), charts preview (requires a local web server), gauge charts (horizontal, vertical, circular), accumulation charts, scrollable charts, financial charts, bubble charts. Chart auto-refresh by specified time interval.

More info on new chart types:
http://www.anychart....ychart/gallery/

10. Google maps widget
- Large map
- 'View as' type 'Map' on List/View pages (separate map for each record)
- Clickable markers (point to the View page)
- javascript API to manage maps: map refresh on demand, center marker on map, add/update/delete markers

Preview: http://demo.asprunne...Table1_list.php

11. 'Insert button' feature. Add a button in Visual Editor and type in code to be executed after button is pressed. Supports both client-side (Javascript) and server-side (PHP/ASP) events.

12. New databases support: Informix, DB2, SQLite, any ODBC-enabled (PHPRunner)

13. AJAX-based pagination, sort, search
Loop through your data without reloading the whole page.

14. Add CAPTCHA to any page
(Edit/Add/Login/Password reminder etc)

#33 User is offline   Stephan - MMP 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

Admin

I can't wait to see the new styles and layouts in action. This will make PHPRunner even better than it's been up to now.

Thank you so much for your great work and excellent support.
Stephan Greyvenstein
Mpumalanga
South Africa

#34 User is offline   mrcaseyman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Here's my 2 cents worth:
In the Visual Editor, while changing the features of a specific field I would like a check box that I can select to hide the field. I often will use a dependent drop down to autofill a field from a choice made above but I don't want the user to see this happening. So I currently use "<TR style="DISPLAY: none">" for that row.
However, if I reset the page I have to go back and manually re-enter those changes.

Also, I would like to be able to manually re-order child links on the list page.

Thank you!

#35 User is offline   Abhijeet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Great Job ! :)

I would love to see the newest version. But I am having a query which I have previously discussed. Putting it here for the first time. It is related to master detail relation.

Problem: Master Detail Relation should be enforced at the time of add and edit.
Need : If we have a single master and 2-3 detail tables and if I want only 1 detail record to be entered compulsorily, which is required by the
system. and other 2 details are optional to be entered. If a checkbox is put for every relation in the framework, when ticked, it will
enforce the relation at the time of data entry. As this is a must because the end user does not know which details are required to be
entered amongst the available detail records. Just creating a blank record by adding in the events won't help. The relation should be
enforced. As this facility is present in good database softwares like oracle. I think it will help a lot of coding to enforce relation
at every level. better be done by phprunner.

I am very thankfull to Kornilov. He is a wonderful man. I hope to get it done. Thank you.

#36 User is offline   krisrianto 

• PipPip

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

how about group access control where each group administrator can change the access control of people below them but cannot see the page of the other groups and cannot change their permission. Each page have the option which group can see the screen (can be more than one).

#37 User is offline   Gordon 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Just a few suggestions for the next version:

1) The code for menu permissions is in every _list.php file. In my application that means 689 lines on code in every _list.php is the same. Why not generate it once and put it as an include file?

2) In the Visual Editor, can you change the Find option to remember the last string searched for. Even better remember the last 5/10 searches

3) In the Tables window, if you have a large number of tables it can be quite difficult to see them and to see all the master/detail relationships. With the number of tables and custom views I have, I need to scroll through 5 pages to see them all. Could you have an option to hide the field names?

4) I am just changing from PHPrunner 4.1 to 5.1 and there are some parts of the program that run much slower. Moving to the Table Window is extremely slow (approx 20 seconds - for 30 database tables and 20 custom views), and moving to the Visual Editor or Theme Windows takes around 8 seconds. Once in the Visual Editor or Theme Windows, there is only sometimes a small delay moving to a difference table/custom view. There was very little delay using PHPRunner 4.1 (Laptop Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz 2GB RAM Win XP)

5) Can pages in the Visual Editor which need to be Reset be marked somehow?

6) The style.ccs is now very complicated. Do there really need to be so many difference styles? It is very difficult to make any changes to the style sheet because it is so long.

7) Are there any plans to introduce Multi-page/tabbed add/edit through the use of javascript or similar? In PHPMaker, javascript is used to selectively show/hide fields giving a effective tabbed window.

8) In the Events editor, If you have a long line of code and use the scroll bar to see it, and then use the arrow keys to move down a line, the PHPRunner Event Description sometimes does not scroll back properly to the left hand side. e.g what you see at the top on the first line is 'escription' instead of 'Description'. Why scroll the PHPRunner Event Description at all?

9) Most areas of PHPRunner now use $message for error messages. source\remind.php uses $StrMessage. Why? Can $message be defined at the start of source\list.php and assigned before displaying the list.htm page.

Regards

Gordon

#38 User is offline   Jane 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

Gordon,

thank you for sharing your ideas.
We'll add all suggestions to our 'to-do' list. Some of these features will be added in the next version.

Regarding the point 7.
You can implement tabs on the add/edit pages manually. Here is a sample:
http://www.asprunner...-addedit-pages/
best regards,
Jane Endaltseva
e-mail: support@xlinesoft.com

#39 User is offline   Gordon 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

Jane,

Thanks for your suggestion to implement tabs.

When do you expect the beta to be available and do you have any idea on a release date for PHPRunner 5.2?

Regards

Gordon

#40 User is offline   NetHawk 

• Pip

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:54 AM

One question regarding the SQLite support: if SQLite is used on common web server, the database version depends, how it is accessed. Only if SQLite is accessed via PDO the (actual and preferred) version 3 is used. Are you using PDO?

#41 User is offline   ckapote 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Very good job as always PHPrunner team ! We are all waiting the new version 5.2 .

Please allow me to add my comment / suggestion regarding the updating Master / detail table at the same time which is very important im my job .
I would propose that we could cteate a grid edit option for fast editing or adding in the detail table to avoid pressing the tab button to much time to get from the field the various static fields to these required to be updated .

Thanks and keep us informed !
Chris

#42 User is offline   krisrianto 

• PipPip

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

Hello we are eagerly anticipating the release of phprunner 5.2. Any news?

#43 User is offline   Kevin Millican 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

View Postadmin, on 15 October 2009 - 07:57 PM, said:

9. Charts update. Multiple series (unlimited), charts preview (requires a local web server), gauge charts (horizontal, vertical, circular), accumulation charts, scrollable charts, financial charts, bubble charts. Chart auto-refresh by specified time interval.

More info on new chart types:
http://www.anychart....ychart/gallery/

Will the scatter charts be included ?

Thanks.

#44 User is offline   chaintm 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

#9 in Gordons post I agree with , this is something I manually code around, but a simple default error page and or re-direct to errors would be good :) I would love to re-direct my users to a page to fill out if they do get any error and or allow a skip and go to another page or previous. Eh just a thought, seems simple enough to add in. I do this now, but having this for future projects just there in front of me to fill out just ups my dev time to do other things. :)

-chaintm

#45 User is offline   evergano 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

Any update on a potential release date? :) Eagerly awaiting!
Elizabeth Kalik (Vergano), EMS Data Analyst
Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic