Forums: PHPRunner 5.2/ASPRunner 6.2 - Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PHPRunner 5.2/ASPRunner 6.2 List of new features and planned release date. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   vff 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

Well, since PHPrunner is fulfilling my needs more and more, here is another one:

What about generating a basic user manual for the created application?

The applications that I create with PHPrunner consist quite a lot of similar functions like add, edit, view, search. Wouldnt' it be nice if at the end of the build process everything that you created would result in a basic user manual, that contains all the screenshots, explains the usage, the functions, the features and that I only need to customize with my descriptions of tables and fields? That would be a great addition and time saver.

#17 User is offline   hich 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

View Postvff, on 17 October 2009 - 08:33 AM, said:

Great! Showing the master/detail relationship in edit or add is just what I need. Would that work in view as well? Would that work only für master->detail or for all realtionships (tabA<-AtabB?

One suggestion to the audit function. I programmed that function already in php for my application. I stored old/new values in separate fields. That allows me to to show the changes made to an entry (using diff).

Posted Image

Green are additions to existing text, red deletions to existing text, plain text are completely new entries.

May be Sergey wouldn't mind building such a concept in? I like the way you show addition and deletions in different colour codes. Very user friendly concept. It's very useful.
Great stuff Posted Image

Cheers
Hich

#18 User is offline   NetHawk 

• Pip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'd love to have SQLite support! Great news. One suggestion I always wanted to make: Add a "clean" theme without much styling and without any unnecessary html attributes (like "align" and so on)...

#19 User is offline   e61 

• PipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

Point 10 demo doesn't work, gives a php error..
Best Regards
from Norway
ePOIs

#20 User is offline   vff 

• Pip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

View Posthich, on 17 October 2009 - 10:06 AM, said:

View Postvff, on 17 October 2009 - 08:33 AM, said:

Great! Showing the master/detail relationship in edit or add is just what I need. Would that work in view as well? Would that work only für master->detail or for all realtionships (tabA<-AtabB?

One suggestion to the audit function. I programmed that function already in php for my application. I stored old/new values in separate fields. That allows me to to show the changes made to an entry (using diff).

Green are additions to existing text, red deletions to existing text, plain text are completely new entries.

May be Sergey wouldn't mind building such a concept in? I like the way you show addition and deletions in different colour codes. Very user friendly concept. It's very useful.
Great stuff Posted Image

Cheers
Hich

well, I forget to mention another detail:

Posted Image

I have a separate Table with the names of the major eye catchers in the tables, e.g. a family name or something like that. When I create an entry in the audit table, I not only store the ID of that record but also the relevant eye catcher. In the above example the record with the ID 13 is associated to "Mr. X". That way I'm even able to browse the central AuditLog and understand who did what.

#21 User is offline   hich 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

I think you can easily define your ID column as a lookup table to show any column you like instead of adding another field.
I like the way you show the edit trail for each record in the record details view. That's quite good especially if it is possible to show the audit trail based on user permissions. So not only access to teh entire audit trail table but also control how can see the change hostory for each individual record on teh view record page in your above screenshot.

Thanks

Hich

#22 User is offline   Unimatrix 

• PipPip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Sounds great. ODBC support in 5.2 is just in time as we start developing the next version of our system, which will be running off of DB2!

Also, custom buttons as well. It will make creating some custom Ajax features much easier. (Like developing our billing system) And the audit trail will be nice when we get ready for our PCI Level 1 Audit next year.

#23 User is offline   krisrianto 

• PipPip

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

how about group based access control and login? Does this version include this?

#24 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

View Postkrisrianto, on 19 October 2009 - 03:18 AM, said:

how about group based access control and login? Does this version include this?

Group based access is already there. Check "User group permissions" on security tab.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#25 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

vff,

thank you for such a nice example. It makes really easy to what changes were.

When we were deciding between field-level and more compact record-level audit we found that there is no 'one size fits all' solution. We've decided to proceed with record-level audit for now. If you have a lot of fields in your database or want see all changes made by a certain user field-level audit would quite cumbersome.

Most probably we'll see it goes and add an option to switch between these two logging models.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#26 User is offline   chaintm 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

came back to check on the demo implimentations, they seem to be down atm any eta on them coming up again soon?

#27 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

chaintm,

which demos are down?
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

#28 User is offline   Stephan - MMP 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

I am very excited about the 29/10 newsletter with more info about the style and layout enhancements.

I have some ideas / suggestions on the style sheets and layouts. Not sure how easy/difficult to implement, but here we go.

1. It would be great to have the possibility to choose a specific style from some dropdown list and then be able to change the colour, background, font size, etc. related to that style. I've been using a previous Database program that had this feature (but lacked a lot of other features). It was quite helpful as one could change colour and style without having to work on the style.css file. Practically it could have a right mouse option on a current tstyle to save as, with a new custom name and then edit that style.
2. The ability to change style and layouts for individual pages. This way certain sections or pages can have it's onw unique appearance. Something like the reset button that has the option to "reset this page" only or "reset all" if you want to revert to the default style.
3. The ability to add custom pages to the project. I know this was mentioned somewhere already. IOW. I can add a page on the project and use it as a thankyou for your enquiry redirect page, etc. without having to create it "outside" the project. If one could pick fields to display on these pages by choosing them from a dropdown (choose field... on the visual editor), it would be even better.
4. Style sheets where the content is in a "container". This way the width of the page can be set by changing the width of the container and all other tables will resize within that container. This is also helpful if one wants to set the background of the page but have the info in another colour. Eg. Page background blue, container background white. Hope you understand my need, otherwise I can give examples.

Thanks againfor an excellent program and regular enhancements to stay on top of technology.
Stephan Greyvenstein
Mpumalanga
South Africa

#29 User is offline   CodeDog 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

All of the suggestions listed so far are good ones, thought I'd add one more.

I'd like to see a project 'cleanup' option. When you add objects in the visual editor (say an image) and decide to delete it, it stays in the project folder. If you do this a number of times during the course of the project, you can end up with a lot of extraneous files left hanging around. Rather than trying to clean a project folder up manually, it would be nice to have the project file keep track of objects as they're added and deleted so you could do a one-click project cleanup before you publish.

And yes, the newsletter was great, thanks... :D

#30 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

CodeDog,

per our earlier conversation we have added project cleanup feature to our to do list. Thanks for reminding.

Stephan,

this is very close to how we plan to implement styles modification.
Best regards,
Sergey Kornilov

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic