This topic is locked

Requested features

2/8/2005 3:37:14 PM
PHPRunner General questions
S
sgeggie author
  1. User Entry Form - need the ability to allow a user to submit one and only one form.
  2. If foriegn key relationships exists, I'd like to see links on the main form that will allow a user to update/add information on the related tables
  3. Allow a situation that will allow users to submit data without providing viewing privileges to what others have submited. (two modes - administrator and submitter).
    Great base product.

admin 2/11/2005

Hi,
please see my answers below:

1. Not really sure how this can be done. Probably you need to check if specific record exists before inserting a new one.
  2. This already implemented in PHPRunner. When you define a master-details relationship in PHPRunner it generates a link to related child records where you can ADD/EDIT data.
  3. This is also possible. You need to use User group permissions under advanced security options to setup administrator and submitter access rights.

S
sgeggie author 2/15/2005

When the master-key is established, I see the links appear on the table grid.....not the form that contains the detailed data.
What I'm trying to do is allow potential students to submit an application online. They need to submit related job history and academic history.
They are not allowed to view any rocords other than their own.
How can this be done?

admin 2/22/2005

Hi,
you can use "Advanced security settings". Select "Users can see and edit their own data only". This option allows to restrict users to view and edit their own records only. To use this option you need to set a relationship between table that holds usernames and passwords and main data table.

S
sgeggie author 2/22/2005

Thanks.....
I'm asking students fill out an application for college. There is a one-to-many relationship between "contact info" and "Job History". There is a one-to-many relationship between "contact info" and "academic history".
Shall I create two new fields in contact info for username/password? (And add a special entry for an administrator)?

admin 2/23/2005

You can use the same column to create both master-details relationships using Contact info table as a Master.
Also you need to use Users can see and edit their own data only option and add an admin user.
Is that what you looking for?

S
sgeggie author 2/24/2005

If our users are not known.....and they require a login to keep from seeing other records, how do we accomplish this?
We need to get them to fill out a contact form first, without any visibility to a view form.....then they are prompted to login on subsequent visits?
The business problem is unknown potential students filling out a confidential application.

admin 2/25/2005

Hi,
this feature will be included in the next version of PHPRunner.

S
sgeggie author 2/28/2005

When will the next version of PHPRunner be available? Where can I download the latest??

S
sgeggie author 3/3/2005

Hi,
I've created a secured site where users are only allowed to access their own items. I also have an administrator who should able to access everything.
Problem:

The administrator cannot Add new records with key values to rerpesenting anyone except themselves. (ownership).
Any solution?

admin 3/4/2005

Hi,
next version of PHPRunner will be available in a month.

Here is the direct download link to the latest version of PHPRunner.
Unfortunatly there isn't an easy way to solve your problem. Here it is some workaround:

You can save your Project under another name and choose different Output folder. Also you have to display OwnerID field on Add/Edit pages.